PDA

View Full Version : Post Flop Play (little offtopic sorry)

TheUsher
03-11-2005, 05:51 PM
So I arrive at the Rio and start playing the 2/5 200 minimum, 500 max game and this hand follows:

Stack sizes before hand:
UTG+1 ($475)
CO ($160)
Me ($525 or so)

UTG+1 just sat down about 5 minutes ago so no read. CO seemed to be tilting after losing about $1000 in the last 30 minutes.

3 limpers to me on the button, I pick up KK, and subsequently raise to 35. I get all 3 limpers calling including BB (crazy action!)

$175

Flop comes: (754 2 hearts)

UTG+1 bets $60, CO pushes all in for $125 total, Hero raises to $225 (about half my remaining stack), UTG+1 quickly announces all-in and Hero goes into the tank.

Results in white below:
<font color="white">
Hero folds
UTG+1 shows 98 diamonds
CO shows 97 offsuit

My reasoning was this was the exact way I'd play the hand if I were in UTG+1's position with a set and CO didn't worry me. I re-raised the CO to try and extract information if he did in fact have the set with the full intention of folding if re-raised. After folding though and thinking about it more I think I should've called considering the fact that the pot was so big and I could have even been up against 88-JJ or something.

Was my thinking here weak-tight or what would you have done?

BTW, ended a 10 hour session cashing out $2000 so I can't complain. If any Vegas locals want to play this game, it was all action for most of the time I was there. If I didn't get outdrawn on a couple of key $1000+ pots I'd be up big time. Oh and there was a story of a guy that was there recently who cashed out with around $13,000 at the same tables ($500 max buy-in!).

</font>

Anyhow, if anyone's going to be at the Rio, I'll be the shaved head dude with the black Oakleys playing the satellites for the WSOP circuit coming up. Come say hello. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Irieguy
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the tip on the game, I haven't played in that one yet. Maybe I'll check it out this weekend.

Irieguy

PS- Your fold was really bad. You only need to go into the tank there if "the tank" is where you keep all of your money.

Blackjack
03-11-2005, 05:59 PM
You'd really get better responses in Mid-High NL section.

For what it's worth, I'd call that in a second but if the stacks were deeper, I'd lay it down.

Blackjack

TheUsher
03-11-2005, 06:00 PM
I knew almost immediately after that the fold was bad but the action just screamed set to me but then again I was new to that game so I didn't know a damn thing. (Edit: Also if I actually counted up the entire pot at the time I doubt I would've been able to get away from it) Anyhow, I don't see myself making the same play again there later if I play. Are you by any chance going to play any of the events there coming up Irie? The info they gave me was that the one table satellites were almost similar to the Party's 50+ structure so it shouldn't be that hard to get in I think.

TheUsher
03-11-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You'd really get better responses in Mid-High NL section.

For what it's worth, I'd call that in a second but if the stacks were deeper, I'd lay it down.

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Blackjack, just wanted to post this here mostly so everyone could make fun of me and see if any other people are going to play any of the events there coming up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SNOWBALL138
03-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I'd call because of the pot-odds. Also. If he had a set, why would he re-raise all in? I like your temperment, and I applaud you going into the tank. This is something that I need to do more in cash games. Overpairs require less thought in STTs