PDA

View Full Version : Am I the Only One?

andyfox
03-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Just glanced at two threads.

1) Hero is Button with A-Q. 5 folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero caps, SB calls. Flop: T-8-7. SB bets, Hero calls. Turn 2. SB bets, Hero calls. River 8. SB bets, Hero calls.

2) Villain is under the gun and has almost raised every hand he has opened the action with. Including the last 2 hands. In addition, he has shown down some real crap hands... like Q-Js UTG+1 for an open raise.

Villain open raises under the gun. UTG+1 calls and I 3 bet with 4-5 of clubs. Folded to the open raiser who caps the action... from past experience... he does not need a big hand to cap preflop. 3 players to the flop...

flop is 7-4-2 with one club... Villian leads and we lose the player in between... I raise to find out how strong my opponent is... he proceeds to 3 bet me and now I am aware that I need to hit my hand... In order to check the turn for free I 4 bet... and my opponent 5 bets...

How many of you will put in a 6th bet or more at this point??

-If I play like this in my game, I might as well flush my money down the toilet. Am I the only one?

URMeowed
03-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Shhhh, I don't wanna have to get a job. Just treat those posts like I do...the newspaper equilavent of the funnies.

Meow.

einbert
03-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Well I think 2 is way worse than 1. 2 is certainly throwing away chips needlessly, but I can see myself calling down hand #1 against certain opponents. Especially since the situation looks like a blind steal from the blinds' perspective.

bicyclekick
03-11-2005, 05:40 PM
hand 2 is infinately more retarded than hand one IMO. Hand one isn't good either but I gotta admit a few times when playing bad I've done that vs way aggressive opponent. It's still not a good play but maybe sb was maniacish? Stlil a bad line but ya.

bicyclekick
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm way to slow from the time i click reply to thread to when I actually make my post.

steveyz
03-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Hand 2 is extremely stupid, but I'm not sure about Hand 1. I can definitely see myself playing this way against a number of LAGs in the Party 15 game.

GreywolfNYC
03-11-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-If I play like this in my game, I might as well flush my money down the toilet. Am I the only one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you're not alone. The second hand posted is especially horrendous.

bernie
03-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Tell me again, why are the games so good these days?

b

Baulucky
03-11-2005, 07:50 PM
I've lost 98765 BBs at the party 15... Way too tough for 2+2 'ers . Stay away.

nolanfan34
03-11-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In order to check the turn for free I 4 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno Andy. Isn't this part a trademark Tommy play?

URMeowed
03-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Just to expand on this thought...is playing super solid with a little mix that boring?

Meow.

Zeno
03-11-2005, 10:39 PM
The answer to your rhetorical post title question is no.

Given the current popular upswing in poker, the influx of neophytes, the plethora of questionable, slovenly, or outright bad advice, and factoring in the perennial wretchedness of Human Nature leads me to one indisputable conclusion: In more than 5,000 years of recorded human history nothing much as changed at all.

Pad the bankroll - the ride is rough but the rewards are grand.

-Zeno

Baulucky
03-12-2005, 06:30 AM
Are you really in Spitsbergen or just a short tour of duty there?.

I was in an oil rig near there once.

Zeno
03-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Never been to Spitsbergen. Location chosen for various metaphysical reasons. My true whereabouts is somewhere over that way.

Oil, cold, glaciers and not much else resides about this isle, I assume.

-Zeno

t_petrosian
03-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Awesome play, all the way around! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Can't believe you question it...just find out where this guy plays and when, and tell me