PDA

View Full Version : I Need Poker Table Rentals in Los Angeles

audiopostman
03-11-2005, 04:46 PM
My wife had a poker party planned for next weekend, the 19th in Covina, CA (30 min east of Los Angeles) and the company that was providing the dealers and tables just called and cancelled.

I have called around and I cannot find another company that is availible at a reasonable price. The lowest I have found now is $125 per table including dealer, but with the hexagon tables. (We were quoted $320 from the first company which was $80 per table including dealer and the tables were the traditional type.)

I am hopng that some fellow 2+2er's might have some ideas to help me out. It is a small party and we only planned on having 24-30 people playing. We were getting 4 tables and 4 dealers from 3:30pm till 7:30pm.

Any one in the area rent tables on the side? I don't know, but I am out of options. Someone please help.

KidPokerX
03-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I'll deal for $15/hr + beer + tips if you need

jtr
03-11-2005, 10:39 PM
For that kind of money couldn't you hire a minibus and take everyone to the Commerce? (Sorry, my LA geography is not very good, Hollywood Park or something may be closer, I don't know.)

Or just buy some felt, borrow some neighbours' tables, and teach four friends how to deal one hour before the party?

I don't know, maybe your life is different from mine (read: maybe you have cash to burn on frivolous things) but this setup sounds more like an episode of "The OC" than real life to me.

I apologize if I'm putting my case too strongly here; honestly, I'm not trying to offend you. Good luck with your party whatever you decide to do.

audiopostman
03-11-2005, 10:51 PM
ROFL...Thanks for giving me some perspective. We are going to end up paying about $125 per table as it stands now. I just wanted to give any fellow 2+2er's first shot. You never know, someone might have had 3 tables in a garage and would have rented them to me for the day. Heck they'd even be welcome to stay and play.