PDA

View Full Version : Peeps

jakethebake
03-11-2005, 12:47 PM
These (http://www.cnn.com/US/9804/10/fringe/peep.science/) things are disgusting. Someone just brought in a case of them to my office, and there is not a more disgusting food item available to man or beast. Discuss.

http://www.suprmchaos.com/peeps_041603.jpg

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-11-2005, 12:48 PM
My grandpa eats them by the row.

Eurotrash
03-11-2005, 12:50 PM
gross. less gross than those disgusting marshmallow/orange circus peanuts that far too many people give out at Halloween, though.

Toro
03-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I happen to agree but my wife loves them. And to make it even more disgusting she claims you have "age" them before eating them. This means taking the cellophane off and letting the air get at them for a couple of days.

We went to visit my daughter last week and she had a package for my wife and proudly told her Mom that they were already aged and ready to eat. What a couple of sickos. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

P.S. They only eat them around Easter season. Haven't figured that out either.

asofel
03-11-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gross. less gross than those disgusting marshmallow/orange circus peanuts that far too many people give out at Halloween, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

a more correct answer will not be found.

chaas4747
03-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Sugar wrapped in sugar, sick!

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-11-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. They only eat them around Easter season. Haven't figured that out either.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps it's because this is the only time they're in season? When else can you get them? You'd have to stock up on them in order to eat them year-round, which would take your wife's obsession to a whole new disturbing level.

chaas4747
03-11-2005, 12:54 PM
I saw some people that had some little bats, and pumpkins that were peeps last year at Halloween. The [censored] is spreading.

bosoxfan
03-11-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I happen to agree but my wife loves them. And to make it even more disgusting she claims you have "age" them before eating them. This means taking the cellophane off and letting the air get at them for a couple of days

[/ QUOTE ]

you just described exactly what my wife does with them.

Eurotrash
03-11-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And to make it even more disgusting she claims you have "age" them before eating them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incidentally, I was just having this "Peeps are disgusting" conversation with a friend a few days ago and this was exactly what they told me. I personally can't imagine they're any better stale than they are fresh, but who knows.

Shajen
03-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Are they nastier than candy corn?

Greg J
03-11-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a more correct answer will not be found.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking the same thing. Circus peanuts are the worst thing ever created. Literally.

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-11-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Candy corn and circus peanuts are 1a and 1b on this list.

jakethebake
03-11-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Candy corn and circus peanuts are 1a and 1b on this list.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I'm not familiar with circus peanuts, but Peeps are definitely worse than kandy korn.

Bluffoon
03-11-2005, 01:30 PM
These make my teeth hurt. Sorry but I like the circus peanuts. I know they are disgusting but I like them anyway. And I will eat gummy anything until my stomach hurts.

astroglide
03-11-2005, 01:37 PM
put one in the microwave. trust me, it's awesome.

InchoateHand
03-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Absolutely wonderful. And so are Circus Peanuts. Have fun with your broccoli.

GoblinMason (Craig)
03-11-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've never done this before, you definitely should.

B00T
03-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Even being named Peeps make them less appealing than they actually are, if thats possible.

NJchick
03-11-2005, 02:07 PM
OMFG

GREAT post.

TY....I just spit out my lunch.

Bulldog
03-11-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I happen to agree but my wife loves them. And to make it even more disgusting she claims you have "age" them before eating them. This means taking the cellophane off and letting the air get at them for a couple of days

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My company partners with JustBorn, the makers of these things. The stale thing--a lot of people prefer them that way. You can put them in the freezer for the same effect without waiting a few days.

jedi
03-11-2005, 03:09 PM
I like marshmallows in general. But peeps are way too disgusting for me.

Luckly, my future father-in-law loves these things.

codewarrior
03-11-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
she claims you have "age" them before eating them. This means taking the cellophane off and letting the air get at them for a couple of days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I leave them unopened in the cupboard for a year or two.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. crunchy sugar goodness.....

mcb
03-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Toss 'em in the microwave.

GreywolfNYC
03-11-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Thanks, jake.

[censored]
03-11-2005, 04:36 PM
I am an American and I like Peeps!

tbach24
03-11-2005, 04:43 PM
I agree. I typically find that only women like them. They're vile.

Freakin
03-11-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god.... now I'm gonna have to go and try deep frying one..... Anyone try that yet?

Deep fried milky way was just about the best & worst thing I've ever cooked/eaten.

Freakin

Slow Play Ray
03-11-2005, 04:47 PM
stale peeps = good

nate1729
03-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Once, when I had some Peeps but didn't want them and nobody else did either, I climbed some trees and stuck the Peeps to various branches. Days later they were still there. Even squirrels and birds hate Peeps.

How the heck do these things still exist?

Toro
03-14-2005, 12:04 PM
This should be a great test of how bad these things are. I work in a building that has about 100 people, most of us, calorically challenged, if you know what I mean.

Whenever someone has leftover desserts and such in the house they bring it here and leave it in the kitchen with a little sign "help urself". The treats usually don't last past coffee break.

Today there is a box of Russell Stover chocolates and 3 boxes of the imfamous Peeps. So far, no one has touched the Peeps.

SuitedSixes
03-14-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Put two in the microwave with toothpicks, like this:

http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/spinynorman/albums/Peep-Jousting-2004/opening_shot.highlight.jpg

Set to high and you have peep jousting.

Take it a step further and set up a tournament. (http://www.punkasspunk.com/peeps/joust/index.html)

For best results, use someone else's microwave. You're welcome.

Toro
03-14-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/spinynorman/albums/Peep-Jousting-2004/opening_shot.highlight.jpg

Take it a step further and set up a tournament. (http://www.punkasspunk.com/peeps/joust/index.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm speechless!

SuitedSixes
03-14-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm speechless!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait 'til you've tried it.

Toro
03-14-2005, 02:22 PM
This has to be a record for this building. So far no one has touched the peeps. The Russell Stover candy however is going fast.

Toro
03-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Uh oh. May have a customer. Steve's in the kitchen having lunch and Maureen just walked by and I overheard her tell Steve "oh, I love Peeps but you got to open the package first and let them get hard".

MarkL444
03-14-2005, 03:07 PM
i agree. they are [censored]

Sponger15SB
03-14-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i agree. they are [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did the word "good" get censored out?

lighterjobs
03-14-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And to make it even more disgusting she claims you have "age" them before eating them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incidentally, I was just having this "Peeps are disgusting" conversation with a friend a few days ago and this was exactly what they told me. I personally can't imagine they're any better stale than they are fresh, but who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe that's what I find them so disgusting. I've only eaten them right out of the box. I'm not going to experiment, just in case I become addicted.

PhatTBoll
03-14-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. What is it with women and sugar anyway?

jakethebake
03-14-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe that's what I find them so disgusting. I've only eaten them right out of the box. I'm not going to experiment, just in case I become addicted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. You seem to have enough eating problems. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mike l.
03-14-2005, 03:56 PM
weve got to stop agreeing like this im starting to like you. those things are just filth.

radek2166
03-14-2005, 04:07 PM
This made my day. I have not laughed this hard in a few weeks.

Anyone ever try roasting them over the fire?

jakethebake
03-14-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone ever try roasting them over the fire?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm....I guess you could make pink s'mores out of em.

DcifrThs
03-14-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you got to open the package first and let them get hard

[/ QUOTE ]

mm hmmm...peeps...riiiiiiiiight.

-Barron

colgin
03-14-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

These things are disgusting. Someone just brought in a case of them to my office, and there is not a more disgusting food item available to man or beast. Discuss.
http://www.suprmchaos.com/peeps_041603.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks goodness that as a vegetarian I am not allowed to eat these things. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
03-15-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone just brought in a case of them to my office,

[/ QUOTE ]

Four days and they remain untouched.

Shajen
03-15-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At what point do they become sentient beings?

Toro
03-15-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3 packages that were in our kitchen yesterday, mysteriously disappeared about mid afternnoon yesterday. I think the Board of Health confiscated them to bait the pigeons.

jimdmcevoy
03-15-2005, 12:10 PM
my vote goes to peeps are good

I like marshmellows, I like suger, I happen to like the two together

jakethebake
03-15-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 3 packages that were in our kitchen yesterday, mysteriously disappeared about mid afternnoon yesterday. I think the Board of Health confiscated them to bait the pigeons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. Two doves hit my office window this morning. Perhaps they spotted the peeps and were attacking.

trying2learn
03-26-2005, 01:28 PM
so late last night at a poker game at my buddies house...i saw the peeps. i was telling everyone about this hilarious thread, and that we should do the jousting thing. f'd up his microwave, but if you think you've laughed hard at this thread - wait until you do this. seriously.

U235
03-26-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm surprised this link has yet to make its way into this thread: Peep research (http://www.peepresearch.org/)

With my favorite picture: http://www.peepresearch.org/smoking/peep09.jpg