PDA

View Full Version : Hi Vegas folks

The Vegan
09-26-2002, 10:15 PM
So I made the move (at least temporarily) to Vegas. It may become permanent depending on how things go here. I'm currently trying to find a job.
In the mean time while I look I'll be playing poker of course, so I hope to see some of you at the tables.
I played some 15/30 hold'em at Bellagio this afternoon. The game was pretty good and I had a good start to my time here.

PokerBabe(aka)
09-27-2002, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the Vegan. Find the Babe at Mirage most days between noon-5pm. LGPG, /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

The Vegan
09-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Do you like the games at the Mirage better than Bellagio? I stopped by the Mirage briefly yesterday afternoon. There was one 10-20 and one 20-40 going. The 10-20 looked like it wasn't too bad of a game, but the 20-40 didn't look good at all.
I'll be sure to stop in again and see how things are.

Dynasty
09-27-2002, 06:43 PM
I was in that 20-40 and towards the end of my session it was a poor game- Roy Cooke and all. Usually, it's better than yesterday.

PokerBabe(aka)
09-27-2002, 07:43 PM
I like the games at Mirage better than at Bellagio because I think they are softer and I know most of the regular players. The morning 10-20 game on table 1 is a rather tight and boring game, but is beatable. Today, a regular paid me off all the way on 3 hands and there were two very loose tourists in the game. One of these guys kept saying: "I can't let you steal it" and would then throw in the river bet on 6-10 hands! He continued to do so until he went broke. The second 10-20 is generally a "better" game, (more action) with more tourists. The 20-40 game that goes overnight is often the worst hold em game at the Mirage, as it is typically short handed with at least a few tilting and badly stuck players. The weekday 20-40 which starts at 2ish or so is often an excellent game with a good mix of regulars and tourists. I don't generally play after 5pm, so Dynasty's take on the evening sessions would be more accurate than mine. My suggestion is to start at the 10-20 and work your way up. Introduce yourself soon. LGPG, Babe /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

baggins
09-30-2002, 07:23 PM
"20-40 game that goes overnight is often the worst hold em game at the Mirage, as it is typically short handed with at least a few tilting and badly stuck players"

seems like this would be a good game. tilting players, playing shorthanded is something i think i can take advantage of fairly well.