PDA

View Full Version : AQo Hand from MP - capped turn

pokerstudAA
03-11-2005, 12:02 PM
This AQ hand made me sick and I am still not sure WTF happpened.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

MP3 is 40/13 and pretty much a Maniac. SB is 35/15 and aggressive. Both are buddy listed and certified whack-jobs.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

3-betting here was an option but I planned on check raising both callers on the turn thinking my hand was likely best.

Turn: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

My check raising plan worked at first and then back fired. Mabye it was a stupid plan to begin with. I might be making this play wiht AA or KK here also so I figured AQ was good enough.

I have seen some fish go crazy with flush draws they pick up on the turn but I had no idea what to think of the SB cap here - except that my hand is no good.

The 3-bet from MP worried me also. Mabye the MP3 maniac cold called with 22 or 33? He might have KQ, AQ, QJ, QQ, JJ, KK, AA - but those are giving him alot of credit?

Easy fold? Weak/tight fold? I hate poker.

River: (18 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds.

No help from the lunatics. What hands did they have? Did I lay down a winner? This guy caps the turn and folds for 1 bet on the river so I dont get to see any hands here -which really pissed me off.

Final Pot: 21 BB

I guess 3-betting the flop might have provided more information. If it is capped by MP3 I can try to get to the river as cheap as possible.

chief444
03-11-2005, 12:15 PM
I would just 3-bet the flop. But I don't like this general line on the flop/turn.

I think the turn fold is fine as it played out.

QTip
03-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Pokerstud:

I'm for 3 betting that flop and see what happens from there.

[ QUOTE ]
Spewing chips w/ PP's

[/ QUOTE ]

ps....I'm still waiting for the button raise with 22 post /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Fat Nicky
03-11-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would just 3-bet the flop. But I don't like this general line on the flop/turn.

I think the turn fold is fine as it played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, in a multiway pot against aggressive players, just 3 bet the flop here. i'd like your line better if it were heads up against a maniac.

i'd fold the turn too