PDA

View Full Version : KTs flop thick with broadway

QTip
03-11-2005, 09:32 AM
UB 3/6...again no reads since I'm never here...just getting the reload bonus.

Hero is UTG+1 with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero limps, MP1 limps, MP3 limps, BB checks

Flop: KQJr

BB checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP3 raises, BB folds, Hero reraises, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: 3(sdm)

Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls

River: Q (sdm)

Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP3 raises, Hero?

chief444
03-11-2005, 09:46 AM
The best you can hope for is a chop I think. So you need to see another K with T or lower kicker 20% of the time or so. It's somewhat close but I lean towards folding. With the aggression you've shown I don't think a bare K raises this river very often at all. You're more likely facing something like QT or QJ.

QTip
03-11-2005, 10:03 AM
yeah...that's how I felt, called anyway though.

You play the hands the same way until that point though?

KQ won...don't know why he didn't raise PF.

chief444
03-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I play the flop and turn the same.

Jeffage
03-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Was there a heart on the flop? This would increase the value of the hand a bit. Betting this river is very bad since you chop with any king and nothing worse will call you. I check and call one bet. When you bet and get raised, you are almost surely looking at trips or a flopped straight. He is raising the caller also. I'd muck w/o a second thought. But you avoid this by simply checking and calling the river.

Jeff

chief444
03-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Check/call I agree would be better then Bet/call.

QTip
03-11-2005, 11:47 AM
No heart....

Yeah...checking probably would have been better...good thought.

Buckmulligan
03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
I wish there were a way you could checkraise this hand on the flop. I don't like the flop 3 bet. You are behind against a lot of hands here.

I might try to check the flop, with the intention of calling if it isn't two cold back to me, hoping an LP player bets, in which case I check raise if a blank hits on the turn.

QTip
03-11-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop 3 bet. You are behind against a lot of hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? With top pair and an OESD? I was ready to go to war.

chief444
03-11-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wish there were a way you could checkraise this hand on the flop. I don't like the flop 3 bet. You are behind against a lot of hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is pretty likely to have the best hand and also has an OESD. This looks like a standard flop 3-bet to me.