PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting to Mini Stakes

QTip
03-11-2005, 09:22 AM
I played 4/8 this morning at UB. It was a mini-stakes game where the blinds were 1/2. I just want to make sure I made the proper adjustments.

I tightened up to play that would resemble something like 10-12 VPIP and pretty much threw blind steals and defense out the window.

Does this sound about right?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-11-2005, 09:28 AM
you got it backwards. you shold be playing looser because you have higher implied odds.

QTip
03-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Darn it! Should have pulled out TOP...

I thought I remembered it talking about playing tighter when the blinds were smaller in relation to the bets...but that doesn't even make sense any more. I really had my head in my ars this morning...

chief444
03-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Be less likely to cold-call a $4 raise though and probably tighten up slightly on your 3-betting range since there will be generally less "dead money" in the pot. But if it's a loose/passive game you should be limping in a lot more.

DeathDonkey
03-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Limp with all kinds of suited connectors and all pocket pairs of course. Give a bit more respect to preflop raises but it depends on the opponent. There are huge LAGs, tight passives, and some loose passives in that game every time I play it. 3 bet isolation against LAGs works really really well as people are less apt to defend their blinds.

I'm pretty sure there are situations where limping and folding to a raise preflop is the right play, but its just an intuition more than anything.

-DeathDonkey

CallMeIshmael
03-11-2005, 03:04 PM
I've never played this game before, but it seems it would be correct to limp/fold preflop with certain hands/situations.

Niles Standish: Yes, yes?

chief444
03-11-2005, 03:06 PM
If it's a real aggressive game though where most hands are raised preflop than you actually should tighten up some. Anyone disagree? So I guess it really depends.

DeathDonkey
03-11-2005, 03:16 PM
It is not that kind of game if it is good. When its bad its not worth sitting.

-DeathDonkey