PDA

View Full Version : KK HU (Hero moves to Missouri)

QTip
03-11-2005, 09:21 AM
4/8 at UB

I have no notes here, no reads and....oh yeah...no brains.

Hero is MP1 with KK (suits don't matter - can we just say "sdm")

Button cold calls and BB calls.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I've got to bet here.

Hero bets, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls (Hero's an ass)

River: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls (Hero's an ass)

Villain A6s. Hero was even drawing dead. Hero's an ass.

I've got to start making some decent lay downs in my poker career. I get into this funk, especially HU and say "Oh no you don't...you're not going to trick me". I move to Missouri, slap a "Show Me State" on my [censored] forehead and call down in disbelief. I get PF monsters and staple them to the back of my hand so as to not hinder spewing chips with both hands.

So...all that being said. Do you just bet the turn and fold to a raise here?

chief444
03-11-2005, 09:37 AM
What makes this one really tough is having no read. It's a tough one to lay down though with the second ace falling. It's a pretty good semibluffing opportunity for two hearts and any loose aggressive opponents will probably call the flop with any pocket pair and raise the turn. You're getting about 8:2 on calling down but you're probably not good quite enough. I guess what I'm saying is I don't think calling down is as bad as you think but folding is probably better.

QTip
03-11-2005, 09:43 AM
So...you think if the pot was bigger the call down would have possibly been worth it?

Don't try to make me feel better Matt....I want to sulk in my misery! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Just really played poorly this morning and my monsters (and I had a lot of them) were all destroyed...

chief444
03-11-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So...you think if the pot was bigger the call down would have possibly been worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. But then I guess that's pretty much true with any hand. /images/graemlins/cool.gif