PDA

View Full Version : Blind Defense checkup

Argus
03-11-2005, 07:59 AM
I haven't played many hands with villain, but he seemed unsophisticated. PT says he's 45/18/0.6; I just thought: donk. I don't know if blind defense is harder against these types or not, because they don't fold and I'm never sure if showing down second or third pair is worth it.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Son of a Gun is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Son of a Gun calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Son of a Gun bets</font>, SB calls.
<font color="#6611ff">I have a piece, so I bet when checked to.</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Son of a Gun bets</font>, SB calls.
<font color="#6611ff">I'd fold to a check/raise here.</font>

River: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Son of a Gun calls.
<font color="#6611ff">Betting out of nowhere concerns me; I start to think that maybe he has king with a bad kicker that doesn't matter anymore. I called, should I have folded or raised?</font>

Standard? Any other comments?

Final Pot: 7 BB

Brian
03-11-2005, 08:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm never sure if showing down second or third pair is worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this type of player, you should show down any pair and often Ace-high.

You played this hand fine. I would mix it up pre-Flop between 3-betting and calling.

FWIW, with position against a LAG, I would defend with MANY hands in the BB. Any pair, any face card that isn't with a 2 or 3, just about any two suited cards, any two cards 76 or higher, etc.

-Brian