PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 - multi-way pot - mediocre hand

housenuts
03-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (3 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

i think i played this great. do you bet/raise at any point during this hand?

Grease
03-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Why didn't you bet the turn? I can't imagine an ace checking through twice on that board...

I like the river call a lot.

SteveGriff
03-11-2005, 07:11 AM
I personally would bet the flop and check the turn and check/call the river.

Steve Griff

Brian
03-11-2005, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played it terribly. Why aren't you betting the Flop or Turn? The fact that you describe A8 as a marginal hand on an AT6r Flop when 4 people check it to you makes me think this is a joke post.

-Brian

Piiop
03-11-2005, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do you bet/raise at any point during this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Bet.

masonx
03-11-2005, 08:57 AM
bet/raise.

pyroponic
03-11-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're joking right??

housenuts
03-11-2005, 03:04 PM
looks like i need to re-evaluate my life. i figured with 6 others in the pot someone was likely to be slow playing a set, or have a bigger ace. if i bet the flop and get check-raised and then bet into on the turn what do i do?

if i bet the turn and get raised or check-raised what do i do?

maybe this was just super weak-tight but i thought it was the best approach. there weren't really any draws out there i had to protect against except 2-pair draws or pp's hitting sets, but the pot wasn't that big i felt i needed to protect it.

once again though please correct me.

sinfulslick18
03-11-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously man you played it pretty poorly. It is rare for any player to check twice with a pair of aces. I would of bet the flop or the turn.

-sinful

Piiop
03-11-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i figured with 6 others in the pot someone was likely to be slow playing a set, or have a bigger ace

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[ QUOTE ]
if i bet the flop and get check-raised and then bet into on the turn what do i do? if i bet the turn and get raised or check-raised what do i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends, evaluate the situation once it happens, but don't let the thought of that possibility scare you into not betting. That's very, very weak.

[ QUOTE ]
maybe this was just super weak-tight but i thought it was the best approach. there weren't really any draws out there i had to protect against except 2-pair draws or pp's hitting sets, but the pot wasn't that big i felt i needed to protect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Protecting your hand is not the only reason to bet, you're missing a ton of value by not betting. What happens when you give a free card to a gutshot and the turn/river a straight. Or you miss all that money from the guy who's planning on calling you down with middle pair or smaller Ace. Or what about when you give a free card to the guy with middle pair and he catches trips on the river. Not betting is pretty terrible.

Mister Z
03-11-2005, 03:20 PM
The only part you played correctly was preflop.

Mister Z
03-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Sorry - I think you should have bet the flop, turn, and river. If raised and reraised then I would consider folding.

chief444
03-11-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think i played this great.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you should rethink that.

[ QUOTE ]
do you bet/raise at any point during this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably four points. Once preflop. Once on the flop. Once on the turn. And once on the river. After missing all the bets on the previous streets though I guess calling the river may be OK.

zeke1111
03-11-2005, 03:51 PM
You can't just give free cards like this.

BigEndian
03-11-2005, 03:53 PM
I would have played it differently:

Raise PF.
Bet the flop.
Play from there based on reads and previous hands.

- Jim

krishanleong
03-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I really think checking the turn is horrible. I think given that you did, you might as well raise the river.

On a scale of 1-10 0 being no error, 10 being a monster BB sucking leak.

Preflop - 0
Flop - 2
Turn - 8
River - 3

Krishan

housenuts
03-11-2005, 06:43 PM
alright thanks for the input. back to the drawing board.