Js 8d 2d 7s

pot is $2.50
stack sizes:
SB $170
me 53
MP1 43
MP2 7
MP3 84

I bet $2, MP1 calls, MP2 and MP3 fold, SB raises $2, we both call.

River:

Js 8d 2d 7s 2s

The pot is now about $14. I bet $10, MP1 calls, SB folds

I lose to As 8s.

Holding the king flush, should I be more cautious about the ace flush? I am lucky the board paired when I made my flush, otherwise he would have raised. Although I think I would have known to fold.

I am a bit surprised his flush included the 8s. After the flop was checked around, He might have semi-bluffed a raise on the turn with 2nd pair top kicker and the nut flush draw. Or am I thinking too much like a limit player? Because if he had done that, he might not have bagged me when the flush did come.

What was the SB doing with his mini raise on the turn? It looks rather silly, but he had a huge stack for this game--$170 with a max buy-in of $50--so I am reluctant to assume he made a bad play. What sort of hand justifies this mini-raise?

Ignatius
09-27-2002, 08:43 AM
> Js 8d 2d 7s ... I bet $2

I don't like a semi-bluff here. Against 4 pls., the chance to take it down is virtually zero, esp. online. You have 15 outs to improve and should like a free river, but you would be in no position to call a meaningful raise.

> Holding the king flush, should I be more cautious about the ace flush?

I think you played the river just fine.

> [SB] What sort of hand justifies this mini-raise?

With 2 flush draws on board, none that I can think of. Maybe he was trying to lure a reraise with T9 ...

cu

Ignatius