PDA

View Full Version : How often do you get drunk?

judgesmails
03-11-2005, 05:57 AM
How often do you get drunk? How many beers does it take?

jdl22
03-11-2005, 06:04 AM
What's the definition of drunk?

Shouldn't drive - 3 or 4
trouble walking - 11 or 12
louder than normal - 5 or 6

These numbers all vary a lot based on food intake, dehydration level (I tend to either drink a shitload of water or none at all so I'm either really dehydrated or hydrated), and sleep. I was hosting a party a couple weeks ago and hadn't eaten or drunk much during the day because we were busy buying stuff for the party. I was also tired. I had like 3 drinks all night and was feeling it bigtime. Other times I don't notice much effect after several drinks.

Grease
03-11-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm in Scotland...so I get drunk and high every night. Not just drunk, Tucker Max drunk.

www.TuckerMax.com (http://www.TuckerMax.com)

whiskeytown
03-11-2005, 07:39 AM
generally, about once or twice a week I have drinks and get a nice buzz - drunk is subjective - sometimes I'm too dangerous to drive (good thing I'm two blocks from Applebee's) and sometimes I go out with a friend like I did Mon, have 3 over 3 hrs, and have no problem driving away and going home.

I actually get 4 nights off a week most of the time which used to be dangerous for me, but nowadays I like to leave Tuesday wide open so I get a good night's sleep for work on Wed. night.

wasn't always that way, when I first started I was going thru a 5th every two nights (or a liter and a half every 4 nights, to be more precise - I'd buy the big jugs) - and there were a couple times I could have gotten my ass busted - somehow, my brain always retained enough functionality to drive the speed limit within the lines and stay on back roads back to wherever I was staying. - Truth be known, I was simply lucky - I guess my so called "friends" even tried to get me busted a couple times. bastards....

and of course, driving a pickup with a topper gives you a quick snooze point should you be too worried, and my band's practice space was a nice sancturay a couple times though I quit drinking in there once I stopped living in purgatory.

nowaways, I'm only in real danger of getting profoundly drunk if I have booze at home, cause I just CAN'T leave anything like extra food/booze lying around, so I've been not having it at home -

but I'm probably under .08 except for once every week or so, unless it's a real bad week, like running into an ex's email stored on the hard drive - that put me on a two day bender not so long ago...LOL - .

RB

housenuts
03-11-2005, 07:43 AM
who are these creatures that drink once a year?

GuyOnTilt
03-11-2005, 07:58 AM
The correct answer is "right now". Evan's over here and we just played a game of caps to 21 and I am FADED. TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoT

GuyOnTilt
03-11-2005, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The correct answer is "right now". Evan's over here and we just played a game of caps to 21 and I am FADED. TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!!!!!!!!!

GoT

James Boston
03-11-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the definition of drunk?

Shouldn't drive - 3 or 4
trouble walking - 11 or 12
louder than normal - 5 or 6

[/ QUOTE ]

I too was a little unclear on "drunk," so I clicked 7-8. Really it's more like this.

<6 = nothing major
7-8 = strong buzz, slightly more obnoxious, and a little more self-aware of my drunkenness.
>9 = bangin fat chicks, can't walk, and sometimes angry

...of course pacing has a lot to do with that.

sfer
03-11-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys be careful. (http://www.gay.com/health/safetyzone/article.html?sernum=2914)

Rick Diesel
03-11-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't drink at all during the week, and generally get plastered every Friday and Saturday night. Usually night consists of about 5 shots and 20 beers, but I am 6'2", 225 so my tolerance is higher than most people.

Voltron87
03-11-2005, 12:40 PM
I drink 3-4 nights a week, but only get drunk once or twice.

MyMindIsGoing
03-11-2005, 12:43 PM
I only drank two times last year, when it was my birthday and new years. This year I havn't been drinking anything. Realy can't see what the big fuzz is about when drinking. It just makes you realy stupid and discusting.

sin808
03-11-2005, 01:25 PM
awesome! Last I had checked his site he hadn't put up any new stories in ages, I'd completely forgotten about it.

Oh and to the OP, where's the 'never' option?

astroglide
03-11-2005, 01:39 PM
what is with the TAXES [censored]?

chaas4747
03-11-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is with the TAXES [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]