PDA

View Full Version : aq play

RolldUp
03-11-2005, 05:57 AM
Im getting really bad results playing aq on party 2 4 after about 20k hands, it is my biggest loser. Just wondering if this play is standard, any help would be appriciated.

MP2 is decent, havent seen much, but vpip around 28 after 50 hands, and CO is very loose vpip around 70 after a similar number of hands.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Vern
03-11-2005, 06:19 AM
My weak tight side comes out, but I wonder if it is because the comments lead me to believe you lost. Anyway, you basically cold call pre-flop and by the time it gets to you on the flop it is already two, you have TPTK, but no other draw. The three-bet is an acceptable option here, but I think that since it got capped, unless you have CO as a LAG to go with that VPIP, I fold the turn unimproved. LAG I am raising the turn, then calling down.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.

MoDOH
03-11-2005, 06:23 AM
When that King falls on the river I think you can fold this hand.

Michael Davis
03-11-2005, 06:26 AM
What does the K on the river change?

-Michael

Michael Davis
03-11-2005, 06:30 AM
For a lot of players his play is more consistent with a flush draw than a five, although that's changing some. Still, most guys are more apt to slowplay a 5.

You really can't consider folding this hand anywhere with a twoflush on board, and you can barely consider folding it without that. One thing that sucks is that you are really representing a 5 here and he keeps pounding you.

I would threebet this hand preflop. A MP2 open-raise isn't necessarily strong and a coldcall is usually a joke. You have a huge hand.

I would also bet the turn to avoid giving a free card. Whether or not I fold to a raise depends on my mood and judgment of the opposition.

-Michael

Vern
03-11-2005, 06:35 AM
I think CO could be on a queen as well, trying to protect his hand by raising his top pair to drive out flush draws. But once he caps it, my paranoia sets in.

Michael Davis
03-11-2005, 06:41 AM
After his cap we're getting 5:1 to call the two big bets.

-Michael

rmarotti
03-11-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would also bet the turn to avoid giving a free card. Whether or not I fold to a raise depends on my mood and judgment of the opposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think not doing this was Hero's first major mistake in this hand. Leading the turn would probably make it much easier to play.

Garbonzo
03-11-2005, 03:02 PM
You said that CO is very loose, how agressive was he? If he is seeing 70% of the flops a 5 is certainly a possible holding.

If he was aggressive as well as loose, then I like how you played the hand and I will call down the turn and river. However, if he was the of the "hi, I'm loose AND passive, when I bet I have a hand" variety I would consider folding the turn after he capped the flop, but the signs must be pretty clear for me to drop this hand. Normally I like calling down.