PDA

View Full Version : Hand Vs. Sucky Player

theBruiser500
03-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Hey guys you will happy, for once I have a read, small blind sucks. Normally I'd call a SB's 3 bet preflop here but given that SB sucks is capping mandatory? HOw about post flop?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Danenania
03-11-2005, 05:53 AM
This looks good to me. I like the PF cap.

philnewall
03-11-2005, 09:37 AM
No raise on the river? You say he sucks, so it would seem like a mandatory raise, youve got the trips with the best kicker, and is there any reason to think he has that beat? Sure he check-raised the turn, but he may have just been trying to squeeze the BB out, if he had check-raised after someone had called your bet I would have been concerned enough to call down on that river, although that wasn't possible in that scenario.

partygirluk
03-11-2005, 09:39 AM
"Sucks" is not really a proper read.

Sucks how?

hogger
03-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Does he suck b/c he is to loose/passive or real weak/tight?
The later is the only way I don't raise the river.
Mike

astroglide
03-11-2005, 01:31 PM
if another ace makes him want to raise the river he would have to have his opponent on KQ, K3, or Q3 otherwise he should have threebet the turn

Kaz The Original
03-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Excellent point.

Note, hero does not have a kicker.

theBruiser500
03-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Too loose. Any other thoughts on this? Still not clear on what the right line is. It's hard for me to see 3 betting the turn he seemed really loose but not particularly aggro and he did 3 bet preflop and he knows I capped it but he seems to like this board. TJ, AK AQ KQ, of those hands I can only raise KQ, doesn't seem worth it. On river I called he had KQ.

Justin A
03-12-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too loose. Any other thoughts on this? Still not clear on what the right line is. It's hard for me to see 3 betting the turn he seemed really loose but not particularly aggro and he did 3 bet preflop and he knows I capped it but he seems to like this board. TJ, AK AQ KQ, of those hands I can only raise KQ, doesn't seem worth it. On river I called he had KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQ may not even pay off a raise anyways, although you say this guy is too loose so he may. Anyways, it's really the only hand he can have that makes raising the river a good play.

Also, given that you capped preflop, his CR on the turn is a bad play IMO. Since I'm assuming you play tight, your most likely range of hands has him crushed usually.