PDA

View Full Version : Question About ROI Tracking

KramerTM
03-11-2005, 05:33 AM
OK, I'm new to Low-limit Party SnG's. Played about 200 or so tournaments. Started at 5+1 (which was apparently an awful place to start since the rake is the same at the 10+1). Anyway, I'm at 10+1 now, and just wanted to ask a few general questions about tracking my results.

1. Is your %ROI equal to the PROFIT divided by ORIGINAL STAKE or is it equal to (GROSS from SnG's minus AMOUNT INVESTED in SnG's) divided by AMOUNT INVESTED in SnG's?

2. I've recently made the jump from 5+1's to 10+1's. Is it useless to compound ALL my results and view a cumulative %ITM and %ROI? Should I start a new spreadsheet for the 10+1 results?

3. What is a good hourly rate for the 10+1 tables? Keep in mind I am usually 4-tabling and starting a new table as soon as one ends.

4. Is it best to reach a significant number of tournaments before you make a jump to a higher limit? Or does bankroll determine that?

5. What is the general rule of thumb about bankroll requirements for Party SnG's?

I realize this is statistically insignifcant as I have only played 100 tournies, but here are my 10+1 stats so far:

%ROI = 11.82%
%ITM = 36.00%
Hourly = $5.86
1st Finishes = 12
2nd Finishes = 15
3rd Finishes = 9
4th Finishes = 16

Any feedback is appreciated. I'll be sure to post again when I've hit a stastically significant number of tournies.

Apathy
03-11-2005, 06:13 AM
You ask very nicely so I will answer your questions, a lot of people ask this stuff everyday which is why it would be great if we could have a FAQ back up.

Anyways...

[ QUOTE ]
1. Is your %ROI equal to the PROFIT divided by ORIGINAL STAKE or is it equal to (GROSS from SnG's minus AMOUNT INVESTED in SnG's) divided by AMOUNT INVESTED in SnG's?

[/ QUOTE ]

%ROI = GROSS from SnG's minus AMOUNT INVESTED in SnG's) divided by AMOUNT INVESTED in SnG's?

[ QUOTE ]
I've recently made the jump from 5+1's to 10+1's. Is it useless to compound ALL my results and view a cumulative %ITM and %ROI? Should I start a new spreadsheet for the 10+1 results?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, different levels need different traking IMO, they can be tougher and you need to know how well you are doing, start a new spreadsheet.

[ QUOTE ]
What is a good hourly rate for the 10+1 tables? Keep in mind I am usually 4-tabling and starting a new table as soon as one ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good 4 tabling ROI for the 10s is abot 25-35% to get hourly rate just times this by tournies per hour.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Is it best to reach a significant number of tournaments before you make a jump to a higher limit? Or does bankroll determine that?

5. What is the general rule of thumb about bankroll requirements for Party SnG's?

[/ QUOTE ]

30-50 buyins is a solid bankroll for any level, a little more then that is needed once you get to the 100s+up IMO.

Try searching for the FAQ they have all these answers, I'm just in a really good mood so I gave them too you anyways.

johnnybeef
03-11-2005, 06:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You ask very nicely so I will answer your questions, a lot of people ask this stuff everyday which is why it would be great if we could have a FAQ back up.

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul will be tackling this in the very near future in case you missed his thread. (in fact i believe he already has begun)

Apathy
03-11-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul will be tackling this in the very near future in case you missed his thread. (in fact i believe he already has begun)

[/ QUOTE ]

see my post in that thread....

johnnybeef
03-11-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

see my post in that thread....

[/ QUOTE ]

well duh.... /images/graemlins/blush.gif