PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about the Hellmuth/Grizzle fist fight?

jeffraider
03-11-2005, 04:52 AM
I was watching Day 2 of the 2003 WSOP last night and was a little shocked to find out that Sam Grizzle and Phil Hellmuth have actually had a fist fight outside of the Horseshoe. Anyone have any details? The announcer said that Grizzle slugged Hellmuth, but Hellmuth is a pretty tall dude, did he get any shots in at all?

37offsuit
03-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Sam jumped up on a car bumper and kind of flying air tackled Phil. Phil curled up in a little ball and started whining about how this was a "bad beat" and that if fighting wasn't about luck he'd never win.

Aceshigh7
03-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Phil has written about this, in Bad Beats and Lucky Draws I believe. I think he said that it was like one of those quick school fights where there's a bit of shoving and wrestling & nobody lands any real punches and neither one got hurt.

MortalWombat
03-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Sam is lucky that Phil didn't take his shirt off and do some of his Tai Chi on him.

snowlarbear
03-11-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sam is lucky that Phil didn't take his shirt off and do some of his Tai Chi on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

especially since tai chi isn't a martial art.

Beavis68
03-11-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is still lucky Phil didn't take off his shirt.

And I think this was a joke!

MortalWombat
03-11-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Some would disagree with you (http://buffalotaichi.com/tai_chi_faq.htm#Is%20Tai%20Chi%20a%20martial%20art ?). And yes, it was a joke.

As an aside, I knew a karate instructor in college who said that if you sped the moves up in tai chi, it would be a quite effective martial art.