PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Question

PoBoy321
03-11-2005, 02:50 AM
Here's the hand. I lost the hand history, so I've got to make it up.

Party 5+1 (Hit some variance, so I had to move way down).

Blinds 200/400

Hero is in the BB with ~1200 before the blinds, so 800 after. Villain is the SB with ~5000. There are two other short stacks with ~800 and ~1000 before the blinds. Folded to villain in the SB who min-raises to 800, making it another 400 for me to call, leaving me with 400 behind.

I see KQo and push.

Bad move?

wuwei
03-11-2005, 01:28 PM
This is a tough spot.

My play here depends on the range of hands I put him on. If he's using his monster stack to steal repeatedly from the 3 bubble guys with similar stacks, then he could likely have any two cards. If the range is that broad, I like your push.

If I think he's playing tighter than that, and is more in the range of any A or any pair - I'm more inclined to wait and focus on getting to the money.

Phil Van Sexton
03-11-2005, 01:35 PM
You should have called and pushed on the flop.

semperfi
03-11-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why call and push on the flop? Is this to give the big stack a chance to fold on the flop if he was raising with any two cards, and doesn't want to completely double you up now that you have played back at him?

tricolore
03-11-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why call and push the flop? Do you really expect the big stack to fold if you push in either case? I think it's a antomatic all-in/showdown for you if you don't fold here.

As a aside, I am generally not to happy to see huge stacks min-raising... they usually have a reason to want you to call.

In this spot, with the 2 other short stacks having to post SB and BB in the next couple hands, I fold and hope to get ITM by the time it's my next BB. In any case, I'll still have at least 600 available for the next 4 hands.