PDA

View Full Version : Loose vs. Tight - How do u define?

dann
03-11-2005, 02:45 AM
Hello,

I am trying to get some assistance on defining what is a loose vs. tight game, when playing 2/4 or 3/6

I read here that ‘loose’ would be 6-8 people seeing the flop, however I looked in the stat of the Poker Tracker and it never goes as high as 6 in average, even in sessions I know that were loose.

So, how do you define if the game is loose or tight?
Also can you base it on stat, for example ASF, and if so what are the ranges?

Thank you,

Dann

Harv72b
03-11-2005, 02:59 AM
The 6-8 players/flop number that you see in a lot of 2+2 (and other) books is based more on B&M play, where you'll end up with a lot of people who just want to gambool. You'll very, very rarely see an online table average that many to the flop, even on nanolimits.

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to table VPIP or ASF (I focus more on individual players), but I would think that at 2/4 or 3/6 full ring on Party, a table VPIP over 40 would be loose, somewhere around 30 average, and anything below 25 a table that I don't want to sit at under any circumstances.

FWIW, my own stats on those levels at Party (~12k at 3/6, 15.5k at 2/4) show ASF numbers of 30.14 and 34.31, respectively.

A_C_Slater
03-11-2005, 03:52 AM
I consider 4 to a flop on average loose. If your opponents were playing as tight as they should be, then the pots would routinely be heads up and occasionaly 3 way. And there would be frequent blind stealing.