PDA

View Full Version : Rankings or "Player of Year" in home game???

Doctor Jay
03-11-2005, 02:43 AM
I have a pretty good home game going, but we're trying to do some things to make it even more fun. I developed a website for starters which gives us a place to discuss things, update info on next game, player profiles or whatever. My latest thought is to develop an objective way to rank players and maybe even give out a "Player of the Year" award. This could also encourage people to show up, so they get their points. We pretty much play cash games. Any thoughts???

gr8vertical
03-11-2005, 03:16 AM
Obviously, it would be easier to do Player of the year with tournaments as opposed to cash games. I guess you can base it on who makes the most cash... Other than that I'm not sure how you would calculate it

Douper
03-11-2005, 03:19 AM
yup, either keep track of cashins/outs or have everyone who shows up x times get a ballot

Fins
03-11-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My latest thought is to develop an objective way to rank players

[/ QUOTE ]
Player Ranking Thread 1 (http://tinyurl.com/3mq6q)

Player Ranking Thread 2 (http://www.scottkeen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2495)

- Fins

TripKings
03-11-2005, 12:17 PM
My first thought was since it's a cash game setting - I wouldn't want any rating by $. It would be harder to keep the losers around if their loseing record was on public display.

Maybe points for showing up that add up to chips for a year end tourney? I don't have any constructive ideas of how else to pull it off successfully... you're already keeping score with $. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Doctor Jay
03-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the links fins. I guess it's either "money standings" or play more tournaments. The thing is, we like to mix up both with mostly cash games (keeps the fishies at the table). Again, thanks for the links.

Eric H
03-11-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My first thought was since it's a cash game setting - I wouldn't want any rating by $. It would be harder to keep the losers around if their loseing record was on public display.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the winners certainly wouldn't want to call attention to how much they are taking out of the game.

If you are beating this game consistantly, then don't do anything to call attention to how much you are winning. You may lose the fish!

smoore
03-11-2005, 04:10 PM
One of the worst players in my game suggested I do this and I just flat out refused. I told him it would be too much work. The real reason is that once the losers see how much they lose they will say, "f this!" and leave. No way in hell I'm doing this. Ever. Did I mention "no"?

Bulldog
03-11-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of the worst players in my game suggested I do this and I just flat out refused. I told him it would be too much work. The real reason is that once the losers see how much they lose they will say, "f this!" and leave. No way in hell I'm doing this. Ever. Did I mention "no"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, no.