PDA

View Full Version : 1K hand, JJ in BB, 2.7k pot. is there another way?

raptor517
03-11-2005, 01:55 AM
im trying to figure out if there is a better way to play this hand. feel free to flame, i jsut want feedback. holla

***** Hand History for Game 1717731305 *****
$1000 NL Hold'em - Friday, March 11, 00:28:18 EDT 2005
Table Table 36799 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: limemaroon7 ( $963.75 )
Seat 2: bictor ( $1523.25 )
Seat 3: stopbitching ( $1361.75 )
Seat 5: ShipItHo ( $2676.25 )
Seat 6: soah2 ( $950 )
Seat 7: TarBabyPoker ( $1016 )
Seat 8: pokernacho ( $422 )
Seat 9: ImSpawn ( $2152.5 )
Seat 10: Corrie ( $2701.5 )
Seat 4: Bebop86 ( $1345 )
stopbitching posts small blind [$5].
Bebop86 posts big blind [$10].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Bebop86 [ Js Jh ]
ShipItHo calls [$10].
soah2 folds.
TarBabyPoker folds.
pokernacho folds.
>You have options at Table 36864 Table!.
ImSpawn calls [$10].
Corrie folds.
limemaroon7 calls [$10].
bictor calls [$10].
stopbitching folds.
>You have options at Table 36843 Table!.
Bebop86 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, 7c, Jd ]
Bebop86 checks.
ShipItHo checks.
ImSpawn bets [$50].
limemaroon7 folds.
bictor folds.
Bebop86 raises [$175].
ShipItHo folds.
ImSpawn calls [$125].
>You have options at Table 36662 Table!.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4d ]
Bebop86 bets [$325].
ImSpawn calls [$325].
** Dealing River ** [ 3c ]
Bebop86 checks.
ImSpawn bets [$835].
Bebop86 is all-In [$835]
ImSpawn shows [ 6c, 8c ] a flush, nine high.
Bebop86 doesn't show [ Js, Jh ] three of a kind, jacks.
ImSpawn wins $2722 from the main pot with a flush, nine high.

kagame
03-11-2005, 03:39 AM
make him make a huge mistake on the turn by calling a much bigger bet here.

you made it a bit too cheap for him to get there,from the flop he obviously has a hand that might call an all in or a bigger bet.

opponent obviously isnt very good from the passive flop play. youve got a huge edge on the turn once he whiffs, exploit it.

ShortySaurus
03-11-2005, 06:25 AM
tough...i might expect someone who hit their flush to bet less to induce a call...i might call cuz im a stubborn ass.

Apathy
03-11-2005, 06:33 AM
In my mind betting much more then you did on the turn is a pretty big mistake. You gave villian pretty bad odds to draw out, including implied odds IMO, a little better then 2 to 1 on the turn for a small flush draw, sounds good for me.

Not to mention that that is results oriented and you didn't know for a fact he was drawing.

On the river a blocking bet is not an option because the stacks aren't deep enough so check call and check fold are the only real decisions in this hand.

Those are pretty read dependant in my mind and without a read I probably call here too, but their are a TON of players on party (even at lower stakes) I would lay this down to.

fsuplayer
03-11-2005, 11:36 AM
other than betting more on the turn (i would overbet), not much you can do.

he had a huge hand as well so i doubt you are moving him off it unless you moved in on the turn.

btw when posting use this. (http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=41784) bookmark it. its so much easier to follow pot size, action etc.

stealyourface
03-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Is the another way?

Raise preflop and get him to fold his 6 8 garbage!!!!

fsuplayer
03-11-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the another way?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i limped w 86s and somebody was pretty deep and raised from the blinds, I aint goin nowhere.

stealyourface
03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the another way?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i limped w 86s and somebody was pretty deep and raised from the blinds, I aint goin nowhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am folding.

Mansavage
03-11-2005, 04:28 PM
In this situation I like to make a big raise preflop, sometimes a bit bigger than the pot, hoping to just take down the pot right there. Or, at the very least, you will get a lot of dead money in the pot with what is almost always the best hand.

LotsOfOuts69
03-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Don't go broke in an unraised pot.

--LoO

fsuplayer
03-11-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the another way?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

you rock.

raptor517
03-11-2005, 06:59 PM
if i limped and it got around to the BB, and he made it even 100 to go, i would pretty much know exactly where i was at, so i would call anyway. i dont like raising oop with a bunch of limpers with JJ. i dont think its a great play.

fsuplayer
03-11-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if i limped and it got around to the BB, and he made it even 100 to go, i would pretty much know exactly where i was at, so i would call anyway. i dont like raising oop with a bunch of limpers with JJ. i dont think its a great play.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.

the alex
03-11-2005, 08:28 PM
PF: I like the check.

Flop: I'm not a fan of your C/R here. I think that you need to come out swinging for about $50. You need to know how people feel about this /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif flop going into the turn and river. Luckily, someone bet, so you were able to raise. Why is he smooth-calling your C/R here? AJ? You're showing that you're looking to play here, so if you have his lower set dominated, there's a good chance that he's gonna move in here.

Turn: I think that you need to bet around $500 here based on the info that you gained on the flop. The hands that will call/raise you are the hands that you dominate and want your opponent to have. The hands that you don't want him to have: Q/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif - A/images/graemlins/club.gifX/images/graemlins/club.gif. This will give you an easier river decision if that river is a club.

River: Your decision here is player dependent for the most obvious reason- do you believe this player's small bet on the river or the big bet? There's also the question of what you thought that he thought you had. Your play screams of a large hand that many would have problems laying down. You were in the BB and could've had anything. He doesn't make this bet without either KNOWING that you'll call or KNOWING that you'll fold.

[ QUOTE ]
tough...i might expect someone who hit their flush to bet less to induce a call...i might call cuz im a stubborn ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what would send me to the tank and I can't give an honest opinion, since you posted the results, on whether to call or not.

soah
03-11-2005, 08:36 PM
If you're willing to call all-in on the river then I think you're better off betting yourself in this instance (this doesn't mean you have to push though - bet what you think will get called). The obvious draw got there so it's not like you can induce a bluff by checking. There are hands which may call another bet but would prefer a free showdown. But it's hard to put him on any hand which would fold if bet into, but bet if checked to.