PDA

View Full Version : Bullsit's Post

Herb N.
09-26-2002, 04:00 PM
What a great post too bad that my scientific Guess was wrong.This would also be a great post for the Psychology Forum.Why did player#1check-raiseplayer #2's 4/flush?Why did player#2 get so upset that he woulnt shake#1's hand?My(scientific)guess is:He was imbarrest with his own play.Kings full and he doesnt re-raise?Did player#1 make a great re-raise?Proubly not BUT i have seen this play made[and it worked]by a great player.Two conditions must be presant for this to work.{#1}::player#2must be a weak player that prides himself on his lay downs,{#2}:Alot of card's of that suit must dead.Making it more unlikly for the flush to be presant.It also helps to be heads up;then the pots not going to be so big it makes the call more tempting.Your table image is also important.This is surly not a play that you can make every day,but one that may come up 2/3 times a year.Oh YA if your playing below 10/20 Forget it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

SittingBull
09-27-2002, 01:30 AM
my post being GREAT. However,it was a very rare play in a 1-5 no ante stud game.
I was certainly well entertained by the play!LOL!
The motive of the check-raiser was to "toy" with his opponent's emotion. He was entertaining himself at the expense of his opponent. He BELIEVED that his opponent had a flush and he BELIEVED that the latter would NOT lay down his flush if he had one.
From my observation,I believe player2 was upset beause he was emotionally trumatized or in a state of emotional shock by a "check-raise".
Hence,on 7th,even though he looked at his cards and noticed K's full,he was so emotionally upset he was not able to play his hand properly.
The reason he was upset was that he realized that his opponent was toying with his emotion.
BTW,I posted a related thread on the "Psychology Section".
Al Schoonmaker's reply was excellent!

Happy pokering,Herb!
SittinBull
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif