PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 6 max or 5-10 full?

LImitPlayer
03-11-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm climbing up the ladder and was looking for some opinions.

After todays session I have logged just over 100k hands at 3-6. I am 8 tabling the 3-6 limit and I am beating it for a decent winrate.

Should I hit the 5-10 6 max games or the 5-10 full games?

I have read posts that stated the 5-10 full was the worst limit on Party to play, but I have also read other posts that 5-10 full plays exatly like 3-6 does.

As far as the 5-10 6max tables are concerned, I think the general opinion is that they are vsry juicy, or am I wrong here?

Which game will help me more when I hit 15-30? Should I do the 5-10 full and then do the 10-20 6 max or should I do the 5-10 6 max and then the 10-20 full?

Or should i spoend time at all 4 levels?

I would have to say that the shorthanded part of my game is probably the weakest part of my poker game and I know I need to improve this as I rise in the limits.

If i choose the 5-10 6 max route, would it be advisable to jump down to the 1-2 6 max games to get some shorthanded experience or are these 2 games to different for the 1-2 to be of any use to me?

My only experience with the 1-2 6 max tables was about 4k hands working off the Party $200 reload bonus, I had to clear it in a quick hurry on 2 ccounts as I was going on vacation.

MicroBob
03-11-2005, 01:17 AM
After 100k hands of 3/6 full I don't think that necessarily qualifies you as ready for the 5/10 6-max.

I would recommend you look into your idea of trying out the 1/2 6-max games first to gain some familiarization with the game.
It is kind of dependant on what kind of player you are...but many of the 3/6 multi-tablers around these parts are kind of tight-rockish without much aggression...and while this can be successful in the long-term at 3/6 full it will not be very good at 5/10 6-max.

you can also try the 2/4 or 3/6 6-max games at stars or UB for example.

The 1/2 6-max on party is different from the 5/10 6-max by my understanding (haven't spent a lot of time at the 1/2 6-max) but just playing on those kind of tables with that number of players will still prove helpful.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I do the 5-10 full and then do the 10-20 6 max

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a REALLY REALLY bad idea.

You need to have a pretty solid foundation in 6-max strategy before throwing yourself to the 10/20 6-max tables.

To answer another question of yours....there are many on these forums who believe that learning the kind of appropriate aggression that is necessary to beat the 6-max games will be helpful to beating the 15/30 full games.

I agree...although I'm not a successful enough player for a long enough stretch at either of those levels for my opinion to have much merit. There are others with much more experience and success at both who will pretty much say the same thing though.