PDA

View Full Version : tilt in everyday life

brad
09-26-2002, 03:54 PM
so anyway i got all these cds and i took em out of the cases to save space and now im heading over to a friends and want to take my favorite cd of all time (pavarotti songbook) and i cant find it.

ive got cds of drivers (computer stuff) for hardware i dont even have anymore and jerky boys 1 cd and all kinds of stuff but not the one cd i really want.

also i have the pavarotti cd on my computer (ripped the wave files so i can make perfect copies) but no blank cds.

well im on full tilt.

the funny thing is im sure this girl wouldnt even like it.

the odds are good ill stop and buy it on the way over if bestbuy or whatever has it in stock.

brad

brad
09-27-2002, 08:08 PM
see the thing is i wanted to bring over bebel gilbertos cd tanto tempo (for obvious reasons if youve heard it; nice mood music) but when i couldnt find pavarotti cd i freaked out and had to have it. (best buy down the street, got blank cds and recorded it real quick if you wanted the results).

so my point is i was planning for a nice evening and then all of a sudden im devoting all kinds of cognitive resources as well as some time and effort to something that makes absolutely no difference to what im doing, to whats going on.

perhaps a new defintion or a new way of looking at tilt.

brad