PDA

View Full Version : Massive Aggression From Unknown HU

gaming_mouse
03-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Villain is unknown. I do okay, or was I spewing?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Eurotrash
03-11-2005, 12:50 AM
I don't know much, but is it even worth limping UTG with that?

mr pink
03-11-2005, 12:53 AM
this looks fine by me. figured you were having kicker problems on the flop? paired up on the turn, so raised? he 3-bets, so you call down. nice hand.

gaming_mouse
03-11-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

folding this UTG is bad. Some people raise.

CallMeIshmael
03-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Post flop it is perfect. I can't see it being played any other way against an unknown.

A case could be made for raising in some games and folding in some games preflop, but in the majority of games at 3/6 limping is quality.

Nice hand.

k_squared
03-11-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

folding this UTG is bad. Some people raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your line, but i don't like the idea of raising this under the gun in the vast majority of games.

In a rock garden you would be facing people who inevitably have better hands than you if called (and often out of the other 9 players someone else will have a good hand).

In an aggresive game you will often be raised and forec to play this hand for multiple hands up front.

This hand only has value from being in a multi-way pot. If you can get in cheaply with a lot of people who play passively it is fine, but otherwise it is the sort of hand with which you will either win a little (bet the flo pand everyone folds) or lose a lot (bet the flop and get a caller who has a bigger ace!!!). Being out of position gives you a smaller chance of accurately judging whether or not your pair of aces would be good. I think it can be played profitably, but not for a raise up front because the only hands you knock out are the ones you can beat, or the ones that give you the value for playing your draw...

k_squared

jt1
03-11-2005, 04:15 AM
I like waiting until the turn to pop, no matter what hits.
Obviously you can't fold your hand, but I wouldn't even fold if he 3 bets on a non-improving turn. You outs to for a better two pair and once on the river, you want to see what's he up to.

Tell me why this is an UTG hand. I'd only play in a tight game in which case I'd raise. -- or passive of course

gaming_mouse
03-11-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Tell me why this is an UTG hand. I'd only play in a tight game in which case I'd raise. -- or passive of course

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's profitable. I almost always play this hand at 3/6 in EP, sometimes raising in the right conditions, and am showing a profit of .33 BB. The sample might not be large enough if I filtered for for EP, but I still think it's profitable and will keep playing it until it's not.

sfer
03-11-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but otherwise it is the sort of hand with which you will either win a little (bet the flo pand everyone folds) or lose a lot (bet the flop and get a caller who has a bigger ace!!!).

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

sfer
03-11-2005, 12:30 PM
It's fine. Sometimes he has a set, sometimes he has a smaller 2-pair, sometimes he has AK/AQ and that's life. Sometimes he is a retard with 2 diamonds and you add him to your buddy list.

colgin
03-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Not spewing. Looks fine to me.

BigEndian
03-11-2005, 02:51 PM
If this table is as tight as it looks from this hand, you should raise with this PF first in from anywhere. If I don't feel comfortable raising with this hand up front and it's this tight, then I fold.

As it is, you're begging someone to raise you and take control of the hand with somthing like KJ, JT or even A7 and most of the flops are going to miss you.

- Jim