PDA

View Full Version : Which Site To Choose

KeithF40
03-11-2005, 12:22 AM
What are the pros and cons of playing limit on the different online sites out there. Thanks.

Mattymar
03-11-2005, 12:29 AM
Playing small stakes you wanna find a site that has a lot of fish and weak players in generally. These players are the ones you make money from so the more of them the better. Remember to play TAG against them as outlined in SSH and don't worry when they draw out on you. That said, I like party because there are a lot of these players there. Pacific apparently has a lot too but I haven't played there yet. Also, I'd recommend taking full advantage of whatever site you choose and get the full deposit bonus if possible (party 20% up to 100) and join a rakeback program. If you are gonna play there a lot you might as well take full advantage of everything at your disposal. Good luck.

KeithF40
03-11-2005, 12:38 AM
What is a rakeback program. Thanks.

Mattymar
03-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Look at the right side of the screen right about there---->

Haha, but seriously they are programs that pay you back a portion of your rake usually once or twice a month. I use poker source online which you can find over there---->
or you can PM me and I'll give you my referral link because 2+2 already gets too much money haha. Just kidding I would never ask that. PSO pays out points for most sites which you can use to buy items in their store and they are very very reliable, just browse their forums and you'll see.

KeithF40
03-11-2005, 12:51 AM
I dont really understand what it does. Does it pay you money or what and what portion of the rake.

Mattymar
03-11-2005, 01:01 AM
It pays you a portion of the rake you generate at each site. For example, PSO pays 27.5% rake back. So if you play a 2/4 game at party and a hand is rake $1 and there are 10 people at the table then you have contributed $.10 in rake (some sites make you contribut money to a pot to count toward your rake but party does not). Then, PSO would pay you back 27.5% of that when they pay their rake backs. FYI-PSO's rakeback program is FrequentFlopper.com but they also have other promotions that you can check out. Look around, look at other sites and find something you like, but the important thing is the poker remember so don't get too caught up in that.

KeithF40
03-11-2005, 01:35 AM
How do these companies make money. Thanks.

Mattymar
03-11-2005, 02:02 AM
They're affiliates of the poker rooms so when you sign up for them, they generally have deals with the rooms where they get a % of your rake and then they in turn give a portion of that back to you.