PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Knights of Old Republic II

Lawrence Ng
03-10-2005, 11:41 PM
I got the PC version about 2 weeks ago. KOTOR 1 was the best Star Wars game ever. Gameplay, graphics, storyline were all top notch and I was glued to my computer for 2 weeks playing both the dark and light side.

So I've been looking forward to playing the 2nd one, and so far while the game has been fun, it doesn't come close to the 1st. I think a lot had to do with Bioware developing the 1st, and then LucasArts decided to cheap out and hire Obsidian create a half-assed job.

The sound effects f'd up sometimes, the graphics don't seem as good as the first and the gameplay is only so so in comparison.

LOL, playing this game now I'm thinking I can use the Force to make people call, fold, or raise!!!!

Lawrence

A_C_Slater
03-11-2005, 12:29 AM
I played through KOTOR 2 as the dark side.

Dark side = quick money with minimal effort.

Plus force crush and force choke/kill are awesome.

And force lighning can take out a whole room full of enemies in seconds. But yeah part one is better overall.

HK-47= greatest RPG charachter ever.

AngryCola
03-11-2005, 02:14 AM
There's nothing wrong with Obsidian. The publisher wanted to push that game out ASAP, so they didn't have time to touch up a lot of it. Plus, most of KOTR2 uses the same software as the first game. In fact, it is the same engine.

Obsidian is a good group of RPG developers.

Most of them were part of Black Isle.

I loved the first KOTOR, and the sequel was pretty good, too.

Dr. Strangelove
03-11-2005, 02:28 AM
Dark side, force powers all the way. Force Crush rules. But the ending kinda sucked. These games just don't have the depth that Final Fantasy games (or Morrowind come to think of it) have. There should be huge critters way more powerful than the main boss that you really have to work to beat. This was probably the easiest rpg I have ever played. I never had anyone else in my party if I didn't have to, and no one enemy in the game could even touch me.