PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta 2+2 Meetup planning

shadow29
03-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Some recently expressed interest has led me to want to restart the ATL 2+2 meetings. We had a few, then they died off for several reasons.

Anyway, if all those interested could PM me their e-mail address that would be great. I'll put y'all all in a mailing list so I can e-mail everyone the finalised plans.

To start, I'd like to figure out where we can meet. We did Taco Stand in Buckhead the first go-round. We also met in someone's apartment, but he moved away. So public and private are fine.

I'm a big fan of Manuel's Tavern, but whatever. I think it should be in the North Metro/Buckhead/Sandy Springs area.

Preferred timeframe would be great, too.

Thanks,

John

shadow29
03-10-2005, 11:59 PM
ay caramba.

Threads move down quickly here.

In order to keep this going, discuss locations here.

mmbt0ne
03-11-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm up for anything really. I know some of us are underage, so we gotta keep that in mind. Also, it sucks hard getting from midtown up north during rush hour, so we need to make sure we're not getting together at like 6:15 somewhere.

Other than that, anyone got any ideas?

Shajen
03-11-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm up for anything really. I know some of us are underage, so we gotta keep that in mind. Also, it sucks hard getting from midtown up north during rush hour, so we need to make sure we're not getting together at like 6:15 somewhere.

Other than that, anyone got any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm down for anything, but I'm busier than a 3 legged cat in a sandbox these days.

PM sent to OP

ddollevoet
03-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I suggested it and then let it drop. I've been really busy too. I have a 3 year old and a 2 week old baby, so homelife is keeping me pretty busy.

I live in Acworth, but don't mind coming down to Buckhead or anywhere in the area. I drive to Norcross everyday for work, so driving isn't a big deal for me.

Since some are under-aged, perhaps we should meet at a restaurant / bar type place. Like Jock and Jill's in Brookhaven or $3 Cafe on Peachtree and Pharr.

I know that we have at least 1 GT student. Is transportation as issue?

PM sent

shadow29
03-11-2005, 10:57 AM
Yeah I am underaged, but as long as we go to a Bar & Grille type place, it's cool.

I think I remember that mmbtone has a car, I do to. (And thankfully it's not a Renault).

mmbt0ne
03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I have a car. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have the same car you do (1999?).

shadow29
03-11-2005, 11:01 AM
No, I went with the 96. I only had 8k to blow on a car, so meh.

Fins
03-11-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been really busy too. I have a 3 year old and a 2 week old baby, so homelife is keeping me pretty busy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same boat... my little one's 1½ /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Like Jock and Jill's in Brookhaven

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this option since I'm in Chamble /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Anything before 7-7:30p during the week would be hard for me.

PM Sent

- Fins

shadow29
03-11-2005, 12:21 PM
So a weekday? Or weekend?

After that's answered, we need to figure out a time frame (like next week, two weeks, etc.)

ddollevoet
03-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm open anytime after 5:30 or 6:00 during the week and pretty much anytime during the weekends. Whatever works best for eveyone is OK with me.

mmbt0ne
03-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Any date between March 18th and March 27th will be suspect because of spring break. I know for sure I'll be gone in the beginning of that, but I'm not sure when else I'll be out of town.

shadow29
03-11-2005, 02:20 PM
shameless bump

ClaytonN
03-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Just an idea, but Jock's and Jills at Brookhaven does Trivia on Friday nights.

PM soon to be sent.

shadow29
03-11-2005, 03:49 PM
In the past, this was like the forums in real life. Not trivia night, ugadawg.

When will y'all learn how to spell? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AEKDBet
03-11-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any date between March 18th and March 27th will be suspect because of spring break. I know for sure I'll be gone in the beginning of that, but I'm not sure when else I'll be out of town.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto that. still trying to think of a good place. how long do these get togethers usually run? Also alcohol is a must, for all ages (ahem I mean above 21).

shadow29
03-12-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how long do these get togethers usually run?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they were about 2-3 hrs. We had a NL meeting once, and we played a tourney afterward. I think that went longer, but I don't know. Some idiot limped A3o from CO and I busted out. doh.

I'll be sending out an e-mail later today.

Pokeraddict
03-14-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just an idea, but Jock's and Jills at Brookhaven does Trivia on Friday nights.

PM soon to be sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I might be interested. I live in East Cobb. BTW Jock's and Jill's and anything else in Dekalb is no smoking only. I dont care either way but figured if the majority were smokers then this might need to be taken into consideration.

shadow29
03-14-2005, 06:56 PM
PM me your e-mail and I'll forward all the stuff to you.

Everyone, check your e-mails.

Looks like Manuel's Tavern on March 31st at 7:00 pm.

Topic is Table Selection and Variance (the intrinsic interactions between the two). Then we can talk about other stuff, but no bad beat stories, please.

Also, please e-mail me to confirm.