PDA

View Full Version : Mason - what are the 10 all time best selling two plus two books?

03-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Mason,

I am just curious as to what the top 10 best sellers are for 2+2. I know you won't likely release actual circulation figures but would you care to share the top 10?

Here is what my guess:
1. Theory of Poker
2. Small Stakes Hold'em
3. Holdem for Advanced Players
4. 7 Card Stud for Advanced Players
5. Harrington on Hold'em
6. Inside the Poker Mind
7. Psychology of Poker
8. High Low Split Poker
9 - 10 - any combination of Poker Essays 1-3, Gambling Theory, Holdem Poker

Mason Malmuth
03-11-2005, 12:08 AM
3, 1, hp, tap, 2, 5, 7, 4, 8, 6

Note: I do not consider any of the Fundamentals to be books. If they were then they would break into the list.

best wishes,
MM

03-11-2005, 03:22 AM
thanks Mason...
I always wondered about that...I am surprised that Gambling Theory didn't make it..

gila
03-11-2005, 03:34 AM
I can't, for the life of me, figure out what "tap" is.

Dynasty
03-11-2005, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't, for the life of me, figure out what "tap" is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tournament Poker for Advanced Players.

Hellmouth
03-11-2005, 12:40 PM
SSHE will move up the list eventually. Dont forget though, its only been out less then a year. HFAP has been out since 1988 (I believe). It has a bit of a head start.

Greg

k_squared
03-11-2005, 02:26 PM
although part of me hopes it doesn't move up... the advice is to good and pertains directly to the games I play!

-k_squared

Dynasty
03-11-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
although part of me hopes it doesn't move up... the advice is to good and pertains directly to the games I play!

[/ QUOTE ]

Irrelevent. Games are not going to get tougher because a book is written. People have been worried about this since Super System came out and the games are better than ever.

Mike Gallo
03-12-2005, 12:51 AM
I consider Gambling Theory and Other Topics the book that nobody wants to read, yet everybody should. This and Getting The Best of It.

By far my favorite two books.

Mason Malmuth
03-12-2005, 02:35 AM
Hi Mike:

Thanks for the comments.

GTAOT and GBI are both very sophisticated books that are challenging to most readers. Thus even though they have both sold very well for the type of book that they are, their sales are much less than our top sellers.

But what's really interesting is that both of these books over time are highly influential and most people aren't even aware of them. For instance, when I first began to write about poker and gambling virtually no one playing poker knew what a standard deviation was or had even heard the term. Today it seems as if virtually all poker players talk about their standard deviation.

best wishes,
Mason

03-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Mason,

Personally, I think GTAOT, GBI and each of the Poker Essay Volumes should be in every serious player's library. I have those 5 books, every book in the top 10 and Sklansky on Poker.

Are the Poker Essays volumes up there with GTAOT and GBI in popularity?