PDA

View Full Version : Tough hand with aces

Sandrine
09-26-2002, 12:07 PM
10-20. I sat down and dont know much about my opponents, but decided to play my BB instead of posting.

i get deatl beautiful (!) black aces.

UTG raise 2 players cold call button 3bet and i cap it from the BB and they all call. Anyone just smooth callin here to not reveal the strenght of the hand?

205 in the pot

FLop

KQ4 rainbow (could have been better!)

i lead out, initial raiser fold, 2 other players call and button raise (scary!), i reraise the 2 players calls and button cap it, we all call

365$ in the pot.

Turn a 5

I bet (really not wanted to give a free card to an obvious JT and expectin to fold in the big pot if raise figurin i have no outs, the ace not a safe out here coz of straight possibility)

and they all called. Now im confident that im facing draw and AK

445$ in the pot

River 8

Now im happy! i bet and get called only by the button!

He had QQ and won the nice pot /forums/images/icons/blush.gif(

How would you have played that hand? Any flaws in my logic?

thanks for help

Jeffage
09-26-2002, 01:10 PM
You played the hand fine. Your preflop cap and flop aggression probably convinced the button he was against a set of kings. If I was him, I would have raised the turn bc I wouldn't expect something with the set to play as fast as you did. Consider yourself lucky you saved $20 along the way. I'd bet the river as well in your spot, having not seen any aggression on the turn.

Jeff

Kevin J
09-26-2002, 01:57 PM
"I bet (really not wanted to give a free card to an obvious JT and expectin to fold in the big pot if raise figurin i have no outs, the ace not a safe out here coz of straight possibility)"

The idea that you should fold if raised is a dangerous one IMO-. If there's any chance he could have KQs, folding borders on catastrophic. Even if he has QQ, the pot is almost big enough for you to call one more to try and snag an ace. Also, are you forgetting he could have AA with you? If you're going to fold for a raise, I think you're better off checking and calling. IMO-

Sandrine
09-26-2002, 02:32 PM
Youre absolutely right... The thing is that im not sure i would have folded or not. For me its a very close decision... and its the kind of situation where i would like to know how the button plays!

Trefo
09-26-2002, 06:08 PM
you played the hand find, you just had a bad beat which is part of the game. He was probably nervous you had trip kings.