PDA

View Full Version : Did I get the most out of this?

Mattymar
03-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $5 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds.

River: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

My thinking on the turn bet was that he would potentially raise again with something like AK but at least call. Also, I figured he might call with a flush draw whereas he likely would have taken a free card had I checked. Was that right thinking or could I have squeezed more money out of this by playing it differently?

ArthurD
03-10-2005, 09:38 PM
He's getting 8 to 1 and he folds. He probably wasn't calling more bets with anything. Perhaps if you checked to him since you have a pretty good lock on the hand once you fill up. Really, you can't check to him I don't think since you might miss out on a bet. Depends a LOT on your read on this guy, actually. Is he capable of a free card play? If yes, bet. If no, C/R. That's my line, at least. Hm.

-Arthur