PDA

View Full Version : Absolute's 100 millionth hand promotion

Siegmund
03-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Absolute poker has dealt about 96 million hands so far, and has been advertising a 100 Millionth Hand (http://absolutepoker.com/promotions-100-millionth-hand.asp) money giveaway.

Have any of you other statistics lovers amused yourselves estimating the date and time that this is going to be hit?

(I've been doing this for the past ten days or so... and my estimate has settled down to a range of just a couple hours each time I update the calculations.)

Makes a nice little diversion to keep you from going completely insane trying to clear a few bonus dollars at Absolute.

Maybe it'd make a good contest for us here in the forum - post estimates in the next few days, and see who comes closest to getting it right.

blingice
03-10-2005, 11:48 PM
How many tables do they have?
What is the average number of people there?
What is the average acting time?

You can't possibly have a close guess, unless you're lucky.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bling.

gonepunting
03-11-2005, 02:35 AM
I'd have thought it would be easy enough to calculate. Particularly if you can observe the number of each hand being dealt at your table. Even if you can't, you could always do a rough guess based on average number of players, & average hands per flop * players on table.
But I presume the traffic will increase substantially as the big prize approaches.
I'll be there!!