PDA

View Full Version : 'Getting Started In Hold 'em' listed at Amazon

pastabatman
03-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Getting Started in Hold 'em by Ed Miller (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1880685345/ref=wl_it_dp/102-5602512-5128158?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=I3Q16NAHW59NMB&v=g lance&colid=2P9F3V59HEO7Z) is now listed at Amazon. Not much info - just says it's 200 pages and will be released this month.

So, when will this puppy hit the streets? I'm real curious to read 2+2's answer to WLLH.

Pasta

uuDevil
03-12-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
Wow, March 11, 2005
Reviewer: Christopher M. Lewis "luvtinayothers" (Studio City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This is the best book I've yet to read. If it's anything like
Small Stake Hold Em though....it'll be incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already reviewed, too. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dynasty
03-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Based on what Ed has told me about this book, I think some may have the wrong impression about the book he's writing. It's certainly not intended to be an answer to WLLH (SSHE could be called that although I don't think Mason or Ed would want to market it that way).

I believe Ed's new book is a true introductory book far less strategicall sophisticated than SSHE. First, it's smaller the SSHE. Second, it covers limit hold 'em, no-limit hold 'em, tournament hold 'em, and other topics. Ed is just grazing the surface of the games for somebody almsot completely unfamiliar with poker.

I don't think the book is intended for anybody who is already beating a low-limit game. My iimpression is that the level of advice in the book would be below the level a winning low-limit player is already at.

I'll PM Ed to make sure what I've posted is reasonably accurate.

pastabatman
03-12-2005, 05:05 AM
SSH is not a beginner book, while WLLH (and to a lesser extent ITH) are most often recommended as such. I realize both are strictly about limit - it'll be interesting to see what Ed has to say about all the other forms. I recall criticism of WLLH and ITH for teaching weak play to beginners that would have to be un-learned later on, and it was my impression this book was intended to get them off to the right start. Anyhow, I guess we'll see soon enough.

Pasta

Dynasty
03-12-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SSH is not a beginner book

[/ QUOTE ]

It was written to teach players to beat games as small as the 1-2 online games. In that sense, I consider it a begining winner's book.

benfranklin
03-12-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Already reviewed, too. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He must be psychic to be able to review it already. Why would he need poker books /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Moyer
03-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Does anyone else see a frog every time you look at Dynasty's avatar?

Stork
03-13-2005, 02:47 AM
Frog Mansion.

jasonHoldEm
03-13-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else see a frog every time you look at Dynasty's avatar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but then I looked closer and was very happy to not see a frog.

pastabatman
03-14-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SSH is not a beginner book

[/ QUOTE ]

It was written to teach players to beat games as small as the 1-2 online games. In that sense, I consider it a begining winner's book.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. As opposed to a beginning loser's book? I guess there are plenty of those around. Fact is, if you're ready for SSH, you're not a beginner anymore.

theRealMacoy
03-14-2005, 03:43 PM
nice call Moyer.

it makes the perfect frog.

cheers
the Real Macoy