PDA

View Full Version : National Geographic's Strange Days: Hosted by Edward Norton

wacki
03-10-2005, 08:44 PM
http://www.pbs.org/strangedays/

A new series on PBS that starts April 20, 2005.

It should be interesting. If it's ends up being any good, and I hope it is, then it should be something that everyone needs to watch.

P.S. Edward Norton rocks.

http://www.pbs.org/strangedays/images/header_logo.gif

Zeno
03-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Of all the posters on this forum, I think only you and I will be watching this program Wacki (well, perhaps J.A. Sucker and a few others). Everyone else will be wasting their time on the OOT Forum, posting and discussing gay themed threads, psychoanalyzing and fawning over El Diablo's wit, whining about their baseball team, edging out Ray Zee’s posts, or complaining about the winner of Miss OOT.

This is how it should be. And only you and I know the reason why.

Le Misanthrope

Riskwise
03-10-2005, 11:05 PM
ssssuuuurrrreeee.... (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1898646&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=2#Post1900042)

youtalkfunny
03-11-2005, 12:02 AM
What is it about?

Jurollo
03-11-2005, 04:05 AM
THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!
~JUSTIN

P.S. I know this makes no sense, but I am drunk and I don't care.
P.P.S. The show looks slightly interesting, not to mention I'll give Norton some slack either way

wacki
03-11-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is it about?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is about how our planet is changing. And I'm not talking about subtle changes.

youtalkfunny
03-11-2005, 05:18 PM
A show about global warming?

GimmickAccount
03-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Not exactly--not even exclusively about "climate change." Instead a show that explores causal relations between human activities and environmental shifts (a la Earth System Science), framed as "detective stories." Should be fascinating. Makes me wish I had TV for a moment, but I'll get someone to tape them for me.

jakethebake
03-11-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not exactly--not even exclusively about "climate change." Instead a show that explores causal relations between human activities and environmental shifts (a la Earth System Science), framed as "detective stories." Should be fascinating. Makes me wish I had TV for a moment, but I'll get someone to tape them for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tape them for you? What good will the tapes do if you don't have a TV?

GimmickAccount
03-11-2005, 05:39 PM
I have "a" TV, but I don't "have TV" if that makes sense. I'm sorry--an arbitrary distinction in diction we Gimmick Accounts like to make. Speaking of which, I am logged in as Gimmick Account right now, so I probably shouldn't give out too many details, suffice it to say, I also have a DVD player and a VCR. Just no Cable/Dish/Antennae.

In the Spirit of Explanation,

Gimmick Account

wacki
04-12-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think only you and I will be watching this program Wacki....

This is how it should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump.

The hippy in me hopes you are wrong.

Show starts in 1 week.

wacki
04-12-2005, 04:23 AM
I must say that your "this is how it should be" comment did puzzle me. Was that the scientific Zeno? Or was that Le Misanthrope ?