PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report (no content/long): Lunch with Skipperbob

The Yugoslavian
03-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, this really has *nothing* to do with STTs but since both Skipperbob and I post here (one of us more than the other, /images/graemlins/blush.gif ), you guys will have to deal with it.

This lunch trip all came about when Skipperbob realized:
A) I am not actually living in Yugoslavia
B) I live in Orange County

These points can *easily* be gathered by just looking at my location underneath my avatar. However, apparently Skipperbob reads all of my posts drunk ( /images/graemlins/confused.gif ) and didn't notice this fact until I explicitly stated where I live in some recent post or another (who can keep track?).

So, after realizing that I worked ~15 minutes away from his office and that I possibly could be bribed into 'laughing at' his multitude of jokes in this forum, it was only natural that he invited me to lunch.

Well, of course I was a bit wary of the Skipper owing to his eccentric (at best) stories and warped (in a good way? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif ) sense of humor. But I thought, what the hell, I'll only live once and perhaps I can talk him into a +EV prop bet for myself (Zen-style).

So, I arrive at his office and announce my presence to his secretary. She asks me to wait just a minute while he comes down from his office. Well, either Skipperbob is even older than I thought ( /images/graemlins/shocked.gif ) or he's in a wheelchair b/c I'm waiting there for several minutes. What could be soooo important?!

After a few more minutes his secretary informs me to just go on up to his office myself. Now I'm thinking perhaps he hurt himself laughing so hard that the 'pink commie bastard' actually showed up at his office. Since he may need assistance (I mean, he's really old right? /images/graemlins/confused.gif ) I dash up the stairs to his office.

So....low and behold, he's playing poker in his plush office (very, very plush I might add). Also, he's not nearly the old man winter he pretends to be at all ( /images/graemlins/shocked.gif ) and certainly capable of walking down the 1/2 a flight of stairs all by himself, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

So, after greeting me quickly he hurries back to his computer, directs me behind his monitor and pressingly asks me what he should do. Several thoughts rush through my mind as I stare at what appears to be the bubble of a STEP 3:

1. I don't gamble with other people's money.
2. I've never played a STEP in my life (and he must know this).
3. I'm pretty sure that if he needs advice on his STEPs play, there is at least one other source he can turn to.
4. I haven't even had time to look at the stack sizes, and I certainly have *no* idea what kind of opposition he's up against.
5. I just wanted a free lunch, /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Guess there's no such thing.

So, since all my faculties were failing, I quickly studied the table, realized he was about to be blinded out and was UTG. I heeded the advice of Gigabet and told him to 'Pooooooooosh.' Was it the right play? No clue. Did I look at his cards? Not really (89o). Did he get called and suckout? He sure did! /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

So, I breath a mental sigh of relief and figure he now will have easy decesions that won't need backwards, communism analysis.

Wrong.

Now apparently I'm suppose to be the 'yes' man for every push he wants to make. Thankfully he has decent hands and despite the ridiculously moronic (which he made abundantly clear to me, who already knew, and his table, which apparently didn't know) play of the rest of the table, advanced to a STEP 4.

What would have happened if he had lost on that bubble? Well, I did see a mini-canon outside on his patio (along with a very nice golf green for putting) so something tells me that other firearms could have been close by ( /images/graemlins/shocked.gif ). Suffice it to say, I doubt this trip report would have happened.

Thankfully, he's now in a good mood and proceeds to show off his office and all sorts of other things (including his ride....which he referred to in a rather indelicate way that is not fit for print here, /images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

I concluded two things from touring where he works:
1. It has tons of Skipperbob flavor.
2. It is surprisingly tasteful, /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.
(He must enjoy playing pok-....errr....working there very much)

Next, we go to a CoCo's for lunch, (a restaurant like Baker's Square, perhaps?) and chat about all sorts of 2+2 and non-2+2 related issues.

It becomes clear that despite his best efforts to hide it, he is immeasurably proud of Lil' Skippy. It also becomes clear that no matter how hard Lil' Skippy tries, Skipperbob will not/cannot listen to and/or follow his 'teachings.' I guess the Dreaded Skipper might just have a bit too much gamble in him, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

While I will not go into the specifics of our discussion, it was quite entertaining and I certainly got a unique perspective/knowledge of several posters. I believe a good time was had by all, /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

In summation, Skipperbob was not nearly as disturbingly eccentric as he could have turned out to be. But he also wasn't nearly the unparalleled genius that he makes himself out to be, /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

(Also, for anyone who was paying attention earlier this morning and has $$ riding on the outcome, his means were *clearly* in excess of mine and the bill was divided up accordingly.)

Thanks for the entertaining and exceptional lunch, Skipperbob!

Yugoslav
Who just started his first...thread....ever! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ilya
03-10-2005, 08:13 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

skipperbob
03-10-2005, 08:13 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif Thanx /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

skipperbob
03-10-2005, 08:33 PM
"Wasn't the unparalled genius that he makes himself out to be"....Have you lost your mind, Man?...Don't you like free lunches?....I'm not the one who's going to Vegas, But staying in Primm /images/graemlins/confused.gif

raptor517
03-10-2005, 08:36 PM
hahahahahha. i wake up smiling again. /images/graemlins/cool.gif holla

SuitedSixes
03-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Nice trip report, and way to pop you new-post cherry.

Skip- You've got a putting green at the office? I'm going to have to invite myself over for a competitive match of draw back, if I ever find myself in your neck of the woods.

skipperbob
03-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a good idea; a putting contest for big money with an ex-pro-golfer /images/graemlins/frown.gif...I tell you what, I'll take that deal if you can set me up in a "match-wits-for-$$$" with Yugo /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SuitedSixes
03-10-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a good idea; a putting contest for big money with an ex-pro-golfer /images/graemlins/frown.gif...I tell you what, I'll take that deal if you can set me up in a "match-wits-for-$$$" with Yugo /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

A) I told you I was worst golf professional ever. Some things come naturally, others come with much work and dedication. Unfortunatley, my golf game went south as sonn as the work and dedication went. Any golf competition between us would be even with the addition of alcohol. I am no longer accustomed to that state of which you are the Governor.

I have an ecclectic collection of putters that you would enjoy:
The Donkey Killer
Bass-Kwards
Broomstick
and Old Reliable.
I had some others, Widow Maker, Dream Crusher, and Faucho Gish, that all ended up at the bottom of a lake somewhere.

B)The match-for-wits I believe is the equivalent to challenging a one-legged man to an ass kicking contest.

AA suited
03-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Yugoslavian,

lmao.... bwhahahaha.. love your report.

you should have hit skipperbob up to stake you for the wsop. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw- 1000 posts already?!

SuitedSixes
03-10-2005, 10:05 PM
The more astute members of the audience will notice a dramatic change in Yugo's avatar. I feel it is my duty to report that the change is not due to Yugo's man-crush on this NBA player whose first name is Peja and whose last name is difficult to spell. The change was dictated as a result of a wager between Yugo and myself which he lost. He lost valiantly, he lost clawing tooth and nail, but he still lost. As a result he has taken his medicine like a man. He is an example for others to follow.

johnnybeef
03-10-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The more astute members of the audience will notice a dramatic change in Yugo's avatar. I feel it is my duty to report that the change is not due to Yugo's man-crush on this NBA player whose first name is Peja and whose last name is difficult to spell. The change was dictated as a result of a wager between Yugo and myself which he lost. He lost valiantly, he lost clawing tooth and nail, but he still lost. As a result he has taken his medicine like a man. He is an example for others to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

doah! i was really hoping to make fun of yugo for his homoerotic tendencies...way to let the air out of my baloon ss /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The Yugoslavian
03-11-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

doah! i was really hoping to make fun of yugo for his homoerotic tendencies...way to let the air out of my baloon ss /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now, don't let that stop you! I mean, what would this forum be without a whipping boy, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Also, it's worth mentioning that Skipperbob has exceeded my first and only thread with his own thread that obviously took ~10 seconds to write. He didn't even use complete sentences!!

I hope you're happy!

Yugoslav

GrekeHaus
03-11-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now, don't let that stop you! I mean, what would this forum be without a whipping boy, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can honestly say that I've had anal sex with Yugo on at least 7 occasions. Most of the times he was asleep, but I happend to know that several times he was only pretending to be asleep.

Apathy
03-11-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can honestly say that I've had anal sex with Yugo on at least 7 occasions. Most of the times he was asleep, but I happend to know that several times he was only pretending to be asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the funniest/most disturbing things I have read on 2+2

skipperbob
03-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Were you the "Backor" or the "Backee" /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mr_Gordon
03-11-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT'S funny.

The Yugoslavian
03-11-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sample size is too small for significant results. As is it is meaningless and does not prove anything. Get back to us after 500 more sessions.

Back to the SSH forum, NOOB!!!!

Yugoslav
And you wonder why I moved to California...

GrekeHaus
03-11-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seeing as though Yugo was asleep (at least he was at first), he had no choice in the matter. He was the Joe Mauer to my Johan Santana, the Randy Moss to my Daunte Culpepper (at least before he was traded).

Always being the perfect gentleman, I did have the common courtesy to give him a reach-around.