PDA

View Full Version : Bad Flop for QQ

Mattymar
03-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Should I have given up after getting two callers on the flop and check-folded the turn or was I right to bet the turn? Also, should I have called the raise on the turn?

Nick C
03-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Check-folding the turn does look sensible to me. When your opponents both call a flop bet from a PFR with an ace and king on the board, that's not a good sign. I think at least one of them probably has an ace, and anyone with a king quite likely has a gutshot to go with it and won't lay it down.

After you bet and get raised, I would be tempted to call, getting an immediate 9:1 and a probable 10:1 (I'm not really expecting a call/3-bet from MP2), with my 6 tainted outs.

But I think the fold is fine. While you could have the odds to draw, you can't really trust your outs. Even a non-spade ten could just give you a chop.