PDA

View Full Version : The first rule of pokertracker

CallMeIshmael
03-10-2005, 07:01 PM
NEVER talk about pokertracker.

I don't know if this has been covered before, but DONT DO IT.

I had a guy take a beat today, and went off on the other guy, read him his stats, called him a fish, and scared him away within ten mintutes.

The last thing in the world you want your opponent to know is that you know more about them than they know about you.

shant
03-10-2005, 07:03 PM
I think most rational players here agree with you. The guy you described sounds like an idiot.

sinfulslick18
03-10-2005, 07:07 PM
and he scared away a fish with money. another No-NO

-sinful

CallMeIshmael
03-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah.

That's why I posted it. Mainly just venting frustration.

I am assuming 99% of 2 + 2ers know not to.

But, for that 1%...

Harv72b
03-10-2005, 07:20 PM
A guy at a table last night got pissed at me when my 55 beat his AK (and I dared to call his preflop raise from the big blind). He went on to laugh at me for playing 30% of my hands (I had a whopping 68 hands on him, and I seriously doubt he has a larger sample on me). I just thanked him for paying me off & made a note. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CallMeIshmael
03-10-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A guy at a table last night got pissed at me when my 55 beat his AK (and I dared to call his preflop raise from the big blind). He went on to laugh at me for playing 30% of my hands (I had a whopping 68 hands on him, and I seriously doubt he has a larger sample on me). I just thanked him for paying me off & made a note. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't fathom how their exists a person who knows enough to own PT, but thinks that defending your blind with 55 makes you a fish.

riffraff
03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Funny post title.. I like it =)

CallMeIshmael
03-10-2005, 08:33 PM
TY...

It was actually a reference to a daily show reference of FC:

Colbert: First rule of journalism is don't talk about journalism...oh wait, that's Fight Club

BoogieDown
03-10-2005, 08:43 PM
A few weeks back, I was on a table and there was a Pokertracker "Affiliate" talking about Pokertracker and trying to get people to buy it using his email address(or website, I can't remember) as a referral code. Of course it peeked the clueless people's interest....He definitely wasn't a 2+2er by his playing style. I tried mucking up the conversation, but there wasn't much I could do about it.

68Mustang
03-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I'd like to know the 2nd rule.

Guruman
03-10-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Don't talk about pokertracker" /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

timmer
03-10-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Don't talk about pokertracker" /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

or PlayerView or 2+2 or poker books or that AK is a preflop dog against Presto or poker stove, or two dimes, or Poki's poker academy. Or why Mike McDermot kept a cig in his mouth while playing poker eventhough He didnt smoke.

YAda

timmer