PDA

View Full Version : Pokerchips.com mock-ups - green and red

RobMay
03-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Here's what green chips look like according to Tabasco's generator. I'm going to do black next and then I might actually get round to ordering some ...

http://img149.exs.cx/img149/3329/green6ob.jpg

The only spot colour not here is Mandarin Red - you'd have to see some real photos to see the difference between that and normal red.

Hope some people find these useful - Rob

RobMay
03-10-2005, 06:42 PM
And here's the reds again:

http://img191.exs.cx/img191/7465/red7fh.jpg

tubalkain
03-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Not bad.

I'm guessing that text translates to "No Cash Value"?

RobMay
03-10-2005, 06:53 PM
It translates to: 'The World Is Not Enough'

The more of these mock-ups I do, the less sure I am that they are representative of the colours in real life. Photos of actual chips would be much better ... can anyone contribute some?

Johnny5
03-10-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The more of these mock-ups I do, the less sure I am that they are representative of the colours in real life. Photos of actual chips would be much better ... can anyone contribute some?

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that scans of actual chips will better represent 'real life'? I think you're missing the value of this tool.

[ QUOTE ]
'The World Is Not Enough'

[/ QUOTE ]

Fitting! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

J5

prez2024
03-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Nice work again Rob. Can't wait to see the blacks. Would also love to see blue.

Thanks again.

RobMay
03-10-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think that scans of actual chips will better represent 'real life'? I think you're missing the value of this tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno - I just figured a professional photo would be the best thing to see. I know that just scanning a chip makes it come out brighter, and a camera's flash can glare off chips.

No disrespect to Tabasco's generator, which is even better value to me when you consider that Pokerchips.com won't send me samples (I live too far away for their liking).

ram1962
03-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Nice job RobMay! This will come in handy for those of us who don't have PhotoShop. So far you've covered one of my chip color combinations. I can't wait for more so I can mockup my chip with the labels. My color combos are going to be:

$25 = Green w/DG Pink Edges
$100 = Black w/DG Green Edges
$500 = Lavender w/DG Pink Edges
$1000 = Yellow w/Imperial Blue Edges

SpaceMonkey9
03-11-2005, 12:52 AM
This is great, but please tell me you'll fix the black before doing black chips.

Verebrant
03-11-2005, 02:36 AM
Hi Rob,

I live in Denmark and have had no troubles ordering samples from pokerchips.com - if only I was wiling to pay the $23 for USPS Express Mail...which I consider cheap when it comes to spending that much money on custom chips. The only problem I really had was the time difference, which dragged a relatively simple order out and then payment info had to be supplied manually by fax...or one could of course have called them - that might actually have been a lot easier.

/michael

Fins
03-11-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Photos of actual chips would be much better ... can anyone contribute some?

[/ QUOTE ]
A couple ASM Chip pics (http://www.texasholdem-poker.com/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8845&start=0)

- Fins

grandgnu
03-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Where can I find this generator to test my own color combinations?

I've ordered up some samples and I'm figuring I'll do the following color schemes:

$25 chip: Day Glo Green w/ Purple Edge Spots

$100 chip: Black with Day Glo Pink Edge Spots

$500 chip: Lavender with White Edge Spots

$1,000 chip: Day Glo Yellow with Black Edge Spots

This is provided I like the samples, of course.

Johnny5
03-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Right Here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1831411&page=2&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

RobMay
03-11-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is great, but please tell me you'll fix the black before doing black chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr ... basically no, that's beyond my skills, which at the moment amount to being able to cut and paste! I'll still do them though, for what it's worth, and post them shortly.

SpaceMonkey9
03-11-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Errr ... basically no, that's beyond my skills, which at the moment amount to being able to cut and paste! I'll still do them though, for what it's worth, and post them shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right click one of the body color layers, and duplicate the layer. Rename that black.

Then double click that layer, and change the color value. I just went in and changed the RGB values to 35,35,35. This kept in near black while still keeping some of the mold detail visible.

That's it.

ncskiier
03-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks for doing this. We don't all have photoshop.

StevieG
03-12-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for doing this. We don't all have photoshop.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you can all get the GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) for free.