PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia upsets BC

MEbenhoe
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Starting to open up for the possibility of 3 ACC #1 seeds

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah, but the Big East could get 8 teams in.

BC, Uconn, Pitt, Syracuse and Notre Dame are locks.
Villanova is an almost lock, and Georgetown and West Virginia are very possible.

I think that we'll at least get 7 in, but maybe even 8.

The Big East is the toughest conference in the country this year, bar none. And we'll get even better next year because we're only losing BC, but we're adding Louisville, Marquette, and Cincinatti, three perennial top 25 teams.

Dead(Cuse fan)

jakethebake
03-10-2005, 04:10 PM
We? most people have sense wnough to only speak for their own team. Dead speaks for the whole conference. Oh, and there's no such thing as an "almost lock". That's like almost pregnant. Either it's a lock or not.
[ QUOTE ]

Villanova is an almost lock, and Georgetown and West Virginia are very possible.

The Big East is the toughest conference in the country this year, bar none. And we'll get even better next year because we're only losing BC, but we're adding Louisville, Marquette, and Cincinatti, three perennial top 25 teams.

Dead(Cuse fan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Beat Coming
03-10-2005, 04:12 PM
You are smoking crack. Not only is ND not a lock, they are likely out.

If you dont believe me, see the front page of espn.com.

MEbenhoe
03-10-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Dead(Cuse fan)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your whole statement completely. I think it'll be terrible if you guys dont get 8 in, but that ND loss in the first round looks terrible. Georgetown even playing close to UConn would help.

Next year the Big East is just gonna be ridiculous. I don't think that anyone can possibly be a favorite in a league that tough.

P.S. OMG MARYLAND WTF!!!

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:15 PM
You don't know anything about basketball you fool.

All you do is post stupid one liners and other retarded garbage on here.

And I thought you had me on ignore? A liar as well. Maybe you should be put on ignore.

I'm not speaking for the whole conference you douchebag. I'm saying what I believe will happen. Anyone who disputes that the Big East is the toughest conference in the league this year doesn't know anything about college basketball. And it's only going to get tougher next year.

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Duke wins the tournament, they are a 1. If they don't, they aren't. Nothing in any of the other tournaments will have an impact on that IMO. Wake is a 1 no matter what.

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are smoking crack. Not only is ND not a lock, they are likely out.

If you dont believe me, see the front page of espn.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok ND's status has changed due to their loss to Rutgets but I still think they will get in. If not they are guaranteed NIT.

As for West Virginia, they're on a real hot streak right now, and Georgetown beat Seton Hall with a late rally. I think if they win this tourney or come close to it they are in.

jakethebake
03-10-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is the single biggest idiot in all of 2+2. I just made the mistake of reading one of his political posts. Please just stay in the Politics forum, jackass.

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 04:19 PM
West Virginia = In
Notre Dame = Out
Maryland = Out

pshreck
03-10-2005, 04:20 PM
How did you read his post if you had him on ignore?

MEbenhoe
03-10-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Duke wins the tournament, they are a 1. If they don't, they aren't. Nothing in any of the other tournaments will have an impact on that IMO. Wake is a 1 no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if Duke makes the championship game and loses a close game to UNC, while Kentucky loses in early in the SEC tourney and Louisville fails to win the CUSA tourney? That may be a bit of a stretch, but given the BC loss in that scenario I don't see how you don't give Duke a #1.

jakethebake
03-10-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just now put him on ignore. I also blocked his idiotic avatar.

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v24/jessucka/napoleon8.jpg

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if Duke makes the championship game and loses a close game to UNC, while Kentucky loses in early in the SEC tourney and Louisville fails to win the CUSA tourney? That may be a bit of a stretch, but given the BC loss in that scenario I don't see how you don't give Duke a #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

BC will probably get a 2, with UConn getting a 3, and Pittsburgh and SU getting 4/5.

Syracuse will probably be situated in the Midwest with Illinois as the #1 seed there.

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just now put him on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said you put me on ignore yesterday doofus.

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 04:24 PM
I think Louisville deserves no part of a 1 seed regardless of what they do. CUSA sucks this year.

KY still gets it over Duke IMO. *Almost* beating NC twice isn't the same as winning. And this is coming from a guy who is totally unimpressed with Kentucky this year. Of course, in the situation you describe it wouldn't matter much as they would be the "worst #1" and "best #2 seed", so they'd be in the same bracket anyways. The only other scenario is if UConn wins out, I could see them getting a 1 seed.

pshreck
03-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah, in what scenario does Illinois not get a #1 seed? No matter who beatst them or by how much, they are getting one.

Or should get one...

EDIT
Well, I meant to say Illinois, which also makes my response not apply...

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:26 PM
KY definitely gets it over Duke. Are you kidding?

Louisville and Duke are certainly 2s in my book, along with BC and Kansas.

I'd make Arizona a 3 along with Ok State and Uconn.

I think my boys deserve a 4.

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, in what scenario does Louisville not get a #1 seed? No matter who beatst them or by how much, they are getting one.

Or should get one...

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I think Louisiville should at best be a #3. I would LOVE for them to appear in Illinois' bracket.

MEbenhoe
03-10-2005, 04:28 PM
How about this interesting idea. Duke wins the ACC tourney, and Kentucky through some miracle actually wins the SEC tourney. Who are your 4 #1 seeds? Does it all depend on what Wake Forest did in the tourney or how Duke won the tourney?

P.S. can you tell this is my favorite time of year?

Dead
Louisville is probably going to be out west, with the Cuse in the Midwest under the Illini. And Louisville deserves a #2 seed.

pshreck
Edited my post, I for some reason read it as you saying there was a chance that Illinois doesnt get a 1 seed, but then again im part retarded.

Clarkmeister
[ QUOTE ]

I think my boys deserve a 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on beating Nova and losing to every other decent team they played? 1-6 vs the top 25 and an all-time cupcake non conference schedule is not #4 seed material in my book.

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:29 PM
I think SU will win the Big East Tournament. If they do you can bet they're getting a #4 seed.

And SU has not lost to an unranked team. The Big East is a tough conference. Certainly tougher than the Big Ten. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about this interesting idea. Duke wins the ACC tourney, and Kentucky through some miracle actually wins the SEC tourney. Who are your 4 #1 seeds? Does it all depend on what Wake Forest did in the tourney or how Duke won the tourney?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, if Duke wins the ACC tourney, they are a #1 seed. Period. If they don't, they can't be. Anything else and it goes to Kentucky, or *maybe* UConn, depending on how those tourneys go.

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Uconn as a possible 1 seed? I must disagree Clark. I don't think any Big East team has a chance at a #1 seed. BC was our best chance.

MEbenhoe
03-10-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, if Duke wins the ACC tourney, they are a #1 seed. Period. If they don't, they can't be. Anything else and it goes to Kentucky, or *maybe* UConn, depending on how those tourneys go.

[/ QUOTE ]

UConn? Yikes!! I don't see that even as a remote possibility. The only scenario I can envision which involves UConn getting a #1 would be a terrorist taking out at least 5 teams in front of them.

Clarkmeister
03-10-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think SU will win the Big East Tournament. If they do you can bet they're getting a #4 seed.

And SU has not lost to an unranked team. The Big East is a tough conference. Certainly tougher than the Big Ten. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

1. If they win the tournament, of course they would deserve a 4.
2. Not losing to an unranked team doesn't go that far when you don't beat any ranked teams either.
3. Where did I say anything about the Big East being easier than the Big Ten? Just because your boys get exposed when they play real teams, doesn't mean you should randomly put words in my mouth and try to change the subject. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. If they win the tournament, of course they would deserve a 4.
2. Not losing to an unranked team doesn't go that far when you don't beat any ranked teams either.
3. Where did I say anything about the Big East being easier than the Big Ten? Just because your boys get exposed when they play real teams, doesn't mean you should randomly put words in my mouth and try to change the subject. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't say it Clark, but you did harp on our soft out of conference schedule. While that's true, look at SU's RPI. We played Uconn twice, Pittsburgh twice, Notre Dame twice, and BC once. We also played Memphis and Oklahoma State out of conference.

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:35 PM
And don't get me wrong. I definitely don't think that SU is all that. They play in the hardest conference in the country bar none and almost no team in the conference is a pushover. Even little Rutgers can beat the crap out of top 10 teams.

I'm definitely not underestimating Rutgers tonight, but I think SU will pull it out, and they'll win tomorrow and Saturday as well.

hoyaboy1
03-10-2005, 04:41 PM
The Big East has 6 locks right now. I would rank them like this (on their chances of NCAA success):

1 - UCONN
gap
2. Nova
3. Cuse
4. BC
gap
5. Pitt
6. WVU

Georgetown is still alive, kinda, but we need to make it to the finals.

I think BC falls to a 3 seed, and UCONN is a 2 so long as they make it to the finals. I'd say Nova and Cuse are a 4/5, Pitt a 5, WVU an 8/9.

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:44 PM
You're actually putting Nova above Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh has the better record and they'd get in before Nova, but both are locks.

I think BC would have been a 1 seed, but now they're a 2. You could be right though. I don't think that Uconn is a 2 unless they win it all. Otherwise they're a 3.

RogerZBT
03-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Unfortunately, losing Sean Dockery probably cost Duke even a punchers chance at an ACC or NCAA title.

In what universe is Marguette a perennial top 25 team? I'd even say it's a stretch to include Louisville in the perennial category.

Uston
03-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Doens't really matter if UConn is a one, two, or three seed (they'll be a two). There are only three or four teams that can realistically hope to keep them out of the Final Four.

MEbenhoe
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, losing Sean Dockery probably cost Duke even a punchers chance at an ACC or NCAA title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm gee, they sure ended the season quite well without him. Also, if Duke manages to make it far in the tourney, they should get Dockery back.

hoyaboy1
Nova has a much better RPI than Pitt (although, in case some didn't notice, the RPI was being calculated the wrong way all year) and bigger wins - Pitt hasn't really done much. They have a much stronger profile right now, about equal with Cuse.

Nova has a lot of talent but is inconsistent - but they, IMO, have the 2nd best chance in the BE of going far in the NCAAs. UCONN is first by a mile - they are at least a top 8 team right now and might be the 4th best in the country.

MEbenhoe
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough* turn on ESPN2 *cough*

RogerZBT
03-10-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
UConn is winning the Big East tourney.

MEbenhoe
03-10-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doens't really matter if UConn is a one, two, or three seed (they'll be a two). There are only three or four teams that can realistically hope to keep them out of the Final Four.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dead
03-10-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough* turn on ESPN2 *cough*

[/ QUOTE ]

MBEnhow it doesn't mean anything. Do you see why?

Pittsburgh has Villanova's number, that's for sure, but...

Syracuse pwned Villanova by 15. We had their number like no one else. We will pwn them again if we get the chance.

Yet Pittsburgh owned us twice.
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Uston
03-10-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's astounding that a team with three lottery picks, five or six total future NBA players, and unquestionably one of the best tournament coaches that has ever lived can be overlooked by any college basketball fan this late in the season.

MEbenhoe
03-10-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's astounding that a team with three lottery picks, five or six total future NBA players, and unquestionably one of the best tournament coaches that has ever lived can be overlooked by any college basketball fan this late in the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not overlooking them. My laughter was at your statement that there's only 3 or 4 teams that can realistically beat them.

MEbenhoe
03-10-2005, 09:58 PM
UConn looked really impressive tonight

MEbenhoe
03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Duke vs Virginia tomorrow, hopefully they can coast through this one and keep some legs fresh, but I'm not looking over anyone when its tourney time.

IggyWH
03-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Had to use the fish term for my post...

Glad MSG is Pitt's second home. 0-2 this year

Jurollo
03-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Depending on how UCONN does in the tourney they could get the 4th #2 as they have been coming on lately. BC may have bumped themselves to a #3 with this loss added to their general lack of national publicity in the first place, the only thing BC has going for them for a #2 is the fact that the selection committee is biased against the late finishing conference championship winners, they generally have things locked up before those games finish, so maybe BC sneaks in over someone there.
~Justin

Uston
03-10-2005, 10:53 PM
It was improvement from their first postseason game in 1999. Remember how that turned out?