PDA

View Full Version : K8 flops TP in the big blind

MarkGritter
03-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Pacific 0.50/1.00, 10 handed.

Reads: MP3 is very loose, has seen nearly every flop in the last two orbits.

Preflop: Hero has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif in the big blind. CO posts 1 SB.

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO checks, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 SB, 6 players)

I have top pair, but an extremely vulnerable one on this coordinated board. There are lots of turn cards I would hate, so reverse implied odds suggests I should fold to flop action, but...

SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

The raise seemed obvious--- protect my hand, clear out overcards and gutshots. I'm not sure what would have been best if CO and/or SB had called instead.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 BB, 2 players)

Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls.

River: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (7 BB, 2 players)

Hero bets, MP3 calls.

Final pot: 9BB

I don't like my river bet. The 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif is a huge scare card, although the draws it completes are both unlikely. This seems like a "won't call unless he has a better hand" situation. OTOH, maybe that argues for bet/fold since I don't want to let a worse hand check it down.

Niediam
03-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Bet the turn.

MarkGritter
03-10-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

And fold to a raise?

Mister Z
03-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Why check/call the turn and then bet the river? Seems a bit odd...

Niediam
03-10-2005, 03:33 PM
That's really villian dependant.

Reqtech
03-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Bet the turn. Not doing so gave the loose MP3 a chance to bluff you. You already slowed him down on the flop, why give him a free card or a chance to make you doubt your hand?

The 9 is scarier for the straight than for the flush, IMO. If he caught a runner runner straight, so be it.

This whole hand seems schizo to me. Raising the flop, check calling the turn, and then betting into the river. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. As to "won't call unless he has a better hand", you've already established him as being loose...so wouldn't he call with any ol pair?

MarkGritter
03-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Yup, I need to bet the turn; giving him a free card here is awful. I just didn't have a clear plan for what to do against a raise.