PDA

View Full Version : 50 cent the Massacre

Joe_d72
03-10-2005, 02:35 PM
50 Cent spotted the rest of the music industry two days ... and he still crushed all comers. The beefy, beefing MC released his second album, The Massacre, on Thursday (everyone else stuck to the traditional Tuesday release date), but still managed to sell more than 1.1 million copies of the disc, scoring the biggest debut of 2005 and — almost as an afterthought — the top spot on next week's Billboard albums chart, according to SoundScan. But selling 1 million out of the gate wasn't Fiddy's only accomplishment. Last week, he made chart history, becoming the first solo artist ever to have three singles in Billboard's top five in the same week, with "Candy Shop" coming in at #1 and "Disco Inferno" taking the #5 slot; he also appears on the #4 song, "How We Do," from former G-Unit member the Game's album The Documentary.

There is no one else in the rap game right now, except Eminem, that can put out these kind of numbers. I dont think Jada's last album even made it to a Million and 50 does it in one week. Also having 3 of the top 5 singles that is just sick.

WEASEL45
03-10-2005, 02:36 PM
this album is not good at all

jakethebake
03-10-2005, 02:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/OOTtub.jpg

willie
03-10-2005, 02:42 PM
i also think the album is weak

i don't really like 50 cent at all to be honest.

on a side note, snoop dogg, the game and jadakiss are performing at my school in a month or so...

Shilly
03-10-2005, 02:45 PM
I thought the album was garbage, I can't even find one song that I like.

2planka
03-10-2005, 02:50 PM
that Milli Vanilly record was the [censored].

Contemporary pop music (which 50 cent is) is fake. The labels write the songs according to the formula that sells. They then get beautiful looking people and train them to perform. Three words: black eyed peas.

It's a joke, and the recording industry is laughing at you... all the way to the bank.

dr. klopek
03-10-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Contemporary pop music (which 50 cent is) is fake. The labels write the songs according to the formula that sells. They then get beautiful looking people and train them to perform. Three words: black eyed peas.

It's a joke, and the recording industry is laughing at you... all the way to the bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I think 50 Cent writes his own [censored]. The first two BEP albums were good.

niwotyalpi
03-10-2005, 03:03 PM
This is quite possibly the gayest pic of all time.

thatpfunk
03-10-2005, 03:19 PM
I find it amusing that its now cool to hate 50 cent.

yawn...

(sorry this wasn't directed at the OP, those numbers are staggering btw)

Voltron87
03-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Did anyone else see in the paper today that 50 ended the beef with Game? Come on... put a little more effort in than that. Does anyone actually still doubt that it was for hype?

jakethebake
03-10-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else see in the paper today that 50 ended the beef with Game? Come on... put a little more effort in than that. Does anyone actually still doubt that it was for hype?

[/ QUOTE ]

That news is at least two days old.

Wakko
03-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Man, I been hatin' me some 50 since day 1.

Voltron87
03-10-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That news is at least two days old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. I did not realize this.

siccjay
03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are retarded if you believe that.

50 Cent used to be great. All his old underground [censored] is some of the best [censored] ever recorded. All he is now is a semi new face (not really anymore) working with business geniuses (Dre and Eminem).

Black Eyed Pees are pretty much the same way.

2planka
03-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Okay. I disagree, but okay.

jakethebake
03-10-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are retarded if you believe that. 50 Cent used to be great.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, you're a retard if you believe that.

[ QUOTE ]
All he is now is a semi new face (not really anymore) working with business geniuses (Dre and Eminem).

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone that makes a lot of money is not a genius.

2planka
03-10-2005, 05:00 PM
I actually do think Dre has quite the business acumen. My point is that the businessmen (and women) are the ones behind the writing and production of the music and the selection and grooming of eye-candy "talent." This should be pretty obvious.

thatpfunk
03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
From the interviews I have seen and from what I know, 50 Cent is a very smart business man.

siccjay
03-10-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are retarded if you believe that. 50 Cent used to be great.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, you're a retard if you believe that.

[ QUOTE ]
All he is now is a semi new face (not really anymore) working with business geniuses (Dre and Eminem).

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone that makes a lot of money is not a genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I like to disagree with everyone over the internet because my life sucks, thanks.

Vince Young
03-10-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are retarded if you believe that.

50 Cent used to be great. All his old underground [censored] is some of the best [censored] ever recorded. All he is now is a semi new face (not really anymore) working with business geniuses (Dre and Eminem).

[/ QUOTE ]
His old [censored] is a lot better than his mainstream albums, but they're still not good, and there are no adjectives to describe how far away it is from the greatest [censored] ever recorded.

Mr biggums
03-10-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*racist slang* why da [censored] you think yo whole crew is top charters?
cause your all pop artists your hip hop's garbadge
why the [censored] you think you maken the same money as Britney makes?
g-unit is a boy band *racist slang* and 50's fake
you real tuff till g-unit gets gobbed with sticky tape
and have my niggas run up in and robb yo piggy bank

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much sums up the whole record sales thing. He sells record because he is on MTV and has the "club" tunes.

blindu
03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
im having deja vu. didnt you guys already discuss 50/Game in the other thread? obviously people are going to think hes amazing (their wrong) or that he has no talent (correct), either way, no one is going to convince the other side. no point in doing this again.

IggyWH
03-10-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no one else in the rap game right now, except Eminem, that can put out these kind of numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait for Jigga to drop his new shyt.

Vince Young
03-10-2005, 10:30 PM
The Black Album posted like 400k sales its first week. He's right, nobody but Eminem could even come close to 50.

And where did you hear Jay-Z had a new album coming out?

BusterStacks
03-10-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this album is not good at all

[/ QUOTE ]

Brain
03-10-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no one else in the rap game right now, except Eminem, that can put out these kind of numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so. A little part of me died when I listened to that last track of the Black Album.

Rob Blackburn
03-10-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm more of a backpacker type listener, but I find the album pretty good.

Lyrically its not the greatest thing I ever heard but its not terrible, the production is top notch, none of the main hooks in any of the songs are corny sounding, I can't say the same for alot of other mainstream hiphop/rap albums.

Its nto gonna go on my all-time greatest list but its bumpable no doubt, and its gonna sell huge number of units.

Ya'll just a bunch of haters.

bonanz
03-10-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

now i have no idea where i heard this and it was a while back and i never investigated it, but i heard that jay was gonna sign to *aftermath* (of all places) as just an artist and release some more stuff under his real name or s. carter or something similar

IggyWH
03-10-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
now i have no idea where i heard this and it was a while back and i never investigated it, but i heard that jay was gonna sign to *aftermath* (of all places) as just an artist and release some more stuff under his real name or s. carter or something similar

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering he's President of Def Jam, I highly doubt that.

Vince Young
03-10-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
none of the main hooks in any of the songs are corny sounding, I can't say the same for alot of other mainstream hiphop/rap albums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you haven't heard either of his singles?

Reef
03-10-2005, 11:43 PM
This forum's majority is rock/metal fans, I believe. It's only natural that the majority would dislike the album and/or hate on 50.

I'm in the minority here. I'll let the album sales speak for themselves.

Mr biggums
03-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Album sales lol. So Britney Spears is one of the best of all time. NSync and the Backstreet boys are too. That's al 50 is right now, and I can't blame him. He's rolling in the dough, but is now gonna get no respect. Are you a 12 year old or a teenage girl? Well if you aren't thats what group you're in for being a 50 dickrider.

Now I don't hate all 50's stuff. Get Rich or Die Tryin had some real nice tracks, his prior stuff was good, but with the G Unit stuff, his new album, and his crap lyrics I have become a "50 hater" as you would call it.

*racist slang* why da [censored] you think yo whole crew is top charters?
cause your all pop artists your hip hop's garbadge
why the [censored] you think you maken the same money as Britney makes?
g-unit is a boy band *racist slang* and 50's fake
you real tuff till g-unit gets gobbed with sticky tape
and have my niggas run up in and robb yo piggy bank

bonanz
03-11-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i realize it's not true since i heard it so long ago and nothing has materialized, but what does being the president of def jam have to do with him releasing music as an artist?

Vince Young
03-11-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i realize it's not true since i heard it so long ago and nothing has materialized, but what does being the president of def jam have to do with him releasing music as an artist?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would you be an artist for a record label when you're the CEO of another one?

IggyWH
03-11-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1)He has plenty of money to create his own label and take 100% of the profits.

2)Roc-a-fella is now fully under Def Jam. He may still be under any kind of contract as an artist.

3)If he does create a new album under a label already created, it would just be a general Def Jam label considering he's reep the benefits as an artist and as Def Jam president.

4)Aftermath is Interscope, Def Jam is... Def Jam.

ThaSaltCracka
03-11-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
none of the main hooks in any of the songs are corny sounding,

[/ QUOTE ]

"I'll take ya to the candy shop, gettin you nice and hot."

you=pwned.

Rob Blackburn
03-11-2005, 01:26 AM
I have heard the whole thing, none of the hooks are as corny as a Jay-Z Annie or Oliver Twist hook.

ThaSaltCracka
03-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Just stop talking.

Rob Blackburn
03-11-2005, 01:29 AM
You really think that sounds as corny as the above?

I really don't think its that bad and the beats on that song are very good.

Then again I am arguing with people who think Biggie is God.

Jman28
03-11-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
none of the main hooks in any of the songs are corny sounding,

[/ QUOTE ]

"I'll take ya to the candy shop, gettin you nice and hot."

you=pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the line. Until you produce it, I pronounce him unpwned.

ThaSaltCracka
03-11-2005, 01:33 AM
my apologies, here is the real lines, didn't realize how profound and uncorny they were until I read them.

[ QUOTE ]
[50 Cent]
I take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick the lollypop
Go 'head girl, don't you stop
Keep going 'til you hit the spot (woah)
[Olivia]
I'll take you to the candy shop
Boy one taste of what I got
I'll have you spending all you got
Keep going 'til you hit the spot (woah)

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob Blackburn
03-11-2005, 01:34 AM
TSC is just afraid to admit he is rocking the album and has already memorized all the lyrics.

ThaSaltCracka
03-11-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You really think that sounds as corny as the above?

[/ QUOTE ] yes, he is rhyming to girls again about going to a "candy shop".

ThaSaltCracka
03-11-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
TSC is just afraid to admit he is rocking the album and has already memorized all the lyrics.

[/ QUOTE ]no, in fact I downloaded half of it, hated every song I heard and deleted it. Also, as soon as I heard "I don't need Em", any respect I had left for 50 disapeared. He totally bit Ghostfaces beat from "Metal Lungies", not to mention 50 also bit "G-Unit" from Ghost's crews name T-Unit(theodore Unit).

50 is a certified [censored].

IggyWH
03-11-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then again I am arguing with people who think Biggie is God.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no "thinking" about it... Biggie is God.

Vince Young
03-11-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have heard the whole thing, none of the hooks are as corny as a Jay-Z Annie or Oliver Twist hook.

[/ QUOTE ]
They're still all mad corny. And why do you judge artists on their hooks if you're a backpacker?

Rob Blackburn
03-11-2005, 01:54 AM
Using the same sample as a reason to hate him, wow I guess the amount of hip hop you can select from to listen to is pretty narrow then.

I mean geez, use the same sample in hip hop thats unheard of
concept.

Rob Blackburn
03-11-2005, 02:02 AM
I guess calling me a backpacker is kinda skewed as well, I am more of a production freak, most backpackers just want deep lyrics and will ignore crapola production if underground rapper x is saying something smart that they can relate to.

ThaSaltCracka
03-11-2005, 02:03 AM
You are not understanding what I am saying at all. Ghost's song came out 6-7 months ago, and this beat is not some famous old school R&B hook, its a new joint produced by No ID. 50's song was produced by Buckwild.

Ghost and 50 have some past, sorta unknown beef. So basically 50 bites one of the hottest beats of Ghost's ill last CD and then puts it out on his new CD.

The poor point you were trying to make is not relevant to this particular discussion.

Rob Blackburn
03-11-2005, 02:10 AM
Fair enough.

I'm not up on all the latest beefs.

ThaSaltCracka
03-11-2005, 02:13 AM
FWIW, I don't know the specifics of said beef, but there is something there. IIRC, Ghost even says something on his last CD, or maybe it was his T-Unit mixtape, but I can't recall what it was.

Ghostface>>>>>>>>>>>50

Vince Young
03-11-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I don't know the specifics of said beef, but there is something there.

[/ QUOTE ]
3 words: How to Rob.

mmbt0ne
03-11-2005, 02:20 AM
TSC, why are rappers down here in the dirty dirty never getting in major beefs (Bill O'Reilly excluded)? Are your west coast boys afraid of having Lil Jon and Luda and TI ride up on their bitch asses? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThaSaltCracka
03-11-2005, 02:21 AM
don't think its How to Rob, I searched another forum I frequent and found this:

[ QUOTE ]
Theodore was first mentioned on BulletProof Wallets back in 2001, looooong before you kids had even heard of 50 unless your brother happened to let the skit ride on Supreme Clientele and had no idea why Ghost would be so upset about some pocket change.

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
03-11-2005, 02:24 AM
um, Luda beefed with the cornball formly known as Chingy, also T.I. and Lil Flip sorta beefed. As for why you don't see East Coast or West Coast cats beefing with Southern Playas, well, not sure. I do know that a lot of Southern cats work with a lot of West Coast guys, especially Bay Area cats. You know those NYC rappers, they are in another world, one which revolves around the 5 boroughs and territorial bragginf rights.

mmbt0ne
03-11-2005, 02:27 AM
How Chingy ever got on DTP confuses the hell out of me. I just don't like him. Oh well, Luda cashed on the 2mil Jackpot sold.

Vince Young
03-11-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't think its How to Rob, I searched another forum I frequent and found this:

[ QUOTE ]
Theodore was first mentioned on BulletProof Wallets back in 2001, looooong before you kids had even heard of 50 unless your brother happened to let the skit ride on Supreme Clientele and had no idea why Ghost would be so upset about some pocket change.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That was a reply to How to Rob.

Catch Rae Ghost and RZA for them funny ass rings
Tell Sticky "gimme the cash before I empty three"

ThaSaltCracka
03-11-2005, 02:34 AM
thanks for clarifying that Vince.

Mmbtones, Chingy thinking he could sell units wihout Luda was one of the dumbest business moves ever in hip hop. Its up there with Hammer buying a billion dollar house.

IggyWH
03-11-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I don't know the specifics of said beef

[/ QUOTE ]

It started from 50's "How To Rob". Ghost was one of the people who came out against the song and there's a skit on Supreme Clientele that talks [censored] on 50.

mmbt0ne
03-11-2005, 02:41 AM
hahahaha

'Also, Chingy is forming his own label, Slot-A-Lot Records, working to get his own branded MasterCard, according to Billboard, and plans to branch off from music into movies."