View Full Version : So beautiful

Toro
03-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey Salty, can you top this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/Mikesantora/MVC-002S.jpg

nolanfan34
03-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Is that Larry Lucchino? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The best I have is a pic of me with the Stanley Cup.

Good pic though, Toro!

2planka
03-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Attaboy Toro!

Did you swipe George's Rolex at the last homegame? That's some bling on you left wrist!

jon593
03-10-2005, 03:31 PM
i cant top it but i can match it. the only thing that sucks about mine is im not in it. lets just hope it doesnt take another 86 years to win another http://img211.exs.cx/img211/5489/dscf0mmm0039vc.jpg

meep_42
03-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Looks like you're waiting for Jeter to come up behind you there...

-d

pokerjo22
03-10-2005, 05:07 PM
You look like an extra from 'Snatch'

Gamblor
03-10-2005, 05:15 PM
I have like 4 of me with the Cup since the Cup spends 75% of its time at the Hockey Hall of Fame, about 15 mins from my house, and I take everyone I can to it to look around.

I also have one of me in net, playing at Maple Leaf Gardens, one of me as a 12-year old meeting Patrick Roy, on the field at Brumfield Stadium (Maccabi Tel Aviv Soccer team's home stadium), me on the ice at Varsity Arena (U of Toronto Varsity Hockey Arena) in nothing but a jockstrap and skates (late night; not streaking.), and me riding the bumper cars with Ernie Whitt, former Blue Jays catcher.

Oh, and me and a drunk Corey Haim, in my living room, taken about a month ago.

There's nothing like the Cup though. I personally liked to just look at it. Read the names, feel the history.

fatmongo
03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Nothing beats the Stanley Cup. Unfortunately the closest the Bruins will get to it in my lifetime already happened when it was here for the all-star game in 96.

_2000Flushes
03-10-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing like the Cup though.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not lying. Also, I heard Potvin came out of the closet.

-2kF

Toro
03-10-2005, 05:47 PM
wft, hockey talk???

nolanfan34
03-10-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wft, hockey talk???

[/ QUOTE ]

See, the problem is, MLB's trophy has no history. So inevitably when a trophy discussion comes up, those who have seen the Stanley Cup in person feel compelled to mention it. I touched the thing when I had my pic taken with it, the same cup held by Gretzky, Howe, Lemeuix, etc. That's pretty cool.

And yes, I realize that last sentence is right in 2kf's wheelhouse.

jakethebake
03-10-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
See, the problem is, MLB's trophy has no history.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and hockey's trophy has no future. Doh!

grandgnu
03-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Top that? Ha! Check out me and my "First Out" Horses Ass trophy suckaaaaas!

http://www.triplethreatpoker.com/HorsesAss.jpg

http://www.triplethreatpoker.com/AngryHorsesAss.jpg

Gamblor
03-10-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing like the Cup though.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not lying. Also, I heard Potvin came out of the closet.

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably all that time he spent in LA.

_2000Flushes
03-10-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wft, hockey talk???

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not get carried away.

First, when they announced that there would be no hockey this year, I nearly wet myself with glee. I let out a geshrai and ran around like a vilde chaya.

Second, I thought Gamblor was talking about the poster, not the trophy.

Third, I only know the name Potvin because I overheard it while railbirding a 1/2 table at PokerRoom a few years ago. I casually inserted that he had come out of the closet, and they worked it into the conversation. All I know about Potvin (and hockey for that matter) is that whenever I mention that Potvin came out of the closet around a bunch of guys discussing hockey, I'm immeditately accepted as a knowledgeable hockey fan. The reactions are usually along the lines of "Well, I think we all saw that one coming."

As for nolanfan, how about a LL bet for KotZ tonight?

-2kF

nolanfan34
03-10-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for nolanfan, how about a LL bet for KotZ tonight?

-2kF

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet you everything in my Stars account, right at this moment. <font color="white"> $2.83 </font>

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Salty, can you top this?

[/ QUOTE ] nope, but after twenty something WS wins, it has lost its luster some.

Kurn, son of Mogh
03-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Best I can do I a picture of me with Lord Stanley's Cup, though my wife's youngest daughter once drank beer out of the Calder Cup. (pretty damn bad when that's the best hockey news - well, BU can still win the NCAA'a /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Kurn, son of Mogh
03-10-2005, 09:16 PM
You're right of course. After 26 WS wins, who cares about the most monumental choke in the history of sports?

Soul Daddy
03-10-2005, 09:19 PM
So beautiful.

So powerful...

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're right of course. After 26 WS wins, who cares about the most monumental choke in the history of sports?

[/ QUOTE ]precisely, because every Yankee fan knows that every year they have a realistic chance to win the WS. I am sure Boston fans will never forget the "choke", as is the tradition of all Boston fans, to never forget anything until something even more absurd happens to replace it.

mostsmooth
03-10-2005, 09:46 PM
theres something you see only once in a lifetime

Gamblor
03-11-2005, 03:56 AM
Local bar, the Madison (in Toronto, at the corner of Madison and Bloor), one Saturday night in walks one guy in a suit, followed by Kris Draper, the Cup, and another guy in a suit.

Draper was filling the Cup with beer, and giving a drink to anyone who would take it.

I stayed far away. I want my first drink out of the Cup to be earned

ononimo
03-11-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's really funny is that Boston fans don't seem to mind that it took a choke of that magnitude (heretofore unimaginable) for Boston to FINALLY win another Series. I wonder what it would take for Boston to repeat ... an Extinction Level Event?

Toro
03-11-2005, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's really funny is that Boston fans don't seem to mind that it took a choke of that magnitude (heretofore unimaginable) for Boston to FINALLY win another Series. I wonder what it would take for Boston to repeat ... an Extinction Level Event?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bullshiit. We Sox fans, most of us anyway, don't look at it as the greatest choke of all time. Some may say it but it's only to get at the Yankee fans who have been tormenting us for years. I for one have never said it or thought it because looking back I can't find one instance in any of the 4 games where they really choked, the Sox just dug in and pulled off the greatest comeback of all time. That's the way I view it.

sublime
03-11-2005, 11:27 AM

is it me or do new posters waste NO time before revealing how stupid they are?

sublime
03-11-2005, 11:33 AM
I am sure Boston fans will never forget the "choke", as is the tradition of all Boston fans, to never forget anything until something even more absurd happens to replace it.

most serious baseball fans that i come into contact with dont use the terms 'choke' or 'curse'. the ones who do are the ones you see shitfaced on TV during game 7 of the ALCS.

its pretty simple actually. the sox were better than the yankees last year and they beat them. the fact that they took the next 4 after losing the first 3 is just happenstance.

groo
03-11-2005, 12:58 PM
It looked better in AZ, but then whenever it's not in NY or LA it looks great!!

groo
03-11-2005, 12:59 PM
It looked better in AZ, but then any whenever it's not in NY or LA it looks great!!