PDA

View Full Version : why i hate all legal people

brad
09-25-2002, 07:42 PM
http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news-4/103253313638550.xml

"I feel like I got punished for being honest about my opinion," said Blumke, who manages Bridge Street Superwash Laundromat on Grand Rapids' West Side. "I'm going to miss three days of work. I'm being treated like a criminal because I told the truth."

Buter insists he did not punish Blumke but offered her a choice between community service or changing her mind about police.

Clarkmeister
09-25-2002, 07:54 PM
The judge is just another example of someone on a power kick.

Funny story. I was 22 and called for jury duty. When asked what I did for a living, and what I enjoyed, I told the truth. I worked at a racetrack, and spent most of my free time in local bars hustling dart games for extra money.

Not only was I picked for the jury, I ended up being elected foreman. Go figure.

brad
09-25-2002, 09:02 PM
no offense but you look somewhat naive and malleable today, so just think when u were 22. heh

brad

davidross
09-25-2002, 11:47 PM
Hard to tell from an article, but it sure sounds like she was just trying to get out of duty. I guess he wanted to make an example to keep others in line. It's a hard spot to be in when you know someones trying to take advantage to get out of her duty.

brad
09-26-2002, 08:20 AM
what would william penn do? heh

HDPM
09-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Judge was completely out of line here. All legal options should be explored by the woman. Judges are about impossible to sue, but this guy is essentially enslaving citizens for no legal reason. I hope Michigan allows elections for judges. Horrible and unconstitutional action by the judge. Both the prosecutor and defense attorney should be objecting. Any conviction by a jury that saw that outburst should be overturned. I hope the defense attorney objected to the whole panel for cause. Horrifying behavior. Feh.