PDA

View Full Version : Just how poorly did I play this hand?

CubsFan915
03-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Villain is UTG - had just sat down at table and was playing his 5th hand. He had raised preflop on 3 of the 4 previous hands, had folded one of them to multiple reraises and had lost when called down on the other 2. On the flop, I had him pegged at no higher than two pair, since he had only called the flop.

I feel like I should have raised the turn with the four cards to the "nut flush" but I was a bit on tilt after several smaller suckout losses.

Game #420355553: Texas Hold'em Limit ($1/$2) - 2005/03/10 - 00:23:08 (EST)
Table "Nutley" Seat 5 is the button.

Seat 1: BB ($32.25 in chips)

Seat 2: Villain/UTG ($30 in chips)

Seat 3: Hero/MP ($32.25 in chips)

Seat 4: CO ($79.25 in chips)

Seat 5: Button ($164.44 in chips)

Seat 6: SB ($78.50 in chips)

SB: posts small blind $0.50

BB: posts big blind $1

----- HOLE CARDS -----

dealt to Hero/MP [A /images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif]

Villain/UTG: calls $1

Hero/MP: calls $1

CO: folds

Button: folds

SB: calls $0.50

BB: checks

----- FLOP ----- [9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

SB: checks

BB: bets $1

Villain/UTG: raises $2

Hero/MP: calls $2

SB: folds

BB: calls $1

----- TURN ----- [9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif][7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

Villain/UTG: bets $2

Hero/MP: calls $2

BB: calls $2

----- RIVER ----- [9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif][8 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

Villain/UTG: bets $2

Hero/MP: raises $4

BB: calls $4

Villain/UTG: raises $4

Hero/MP: raises $4

BB: calls $4

Villain/UTG: calls $2

----- SHOW DOWN -----

Hero/MP: shows [A /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif] (A Flush, Ace high)

BB: mucks hand

Villain/UTG: shows [7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] (A Full House, Sevens full of Eights)

Villain/UTG collected $38 from Main pot

----- SUMMARY ----- Total pot $40

Main pot $38 Rake $2

Board [9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif]

Results in white:
<font color="white">
Seat 1: BB (big blind) mucked

Seat 2: Villain/UTG showed [7d 8d] and won ($38) with A Full House, Sevens full of Eights

Seat 3: Hero/MP lost </font>

Reef
03-10-2005, 01:19 PM
I don't cap the river .. it's a paired board. Connectors like 78, 89 are likely. I would be more inclined to cap if the board wasn't so connected, like K3389.

gvibes
03-10-2005, 01:20 PM
1) Post in Heads up/short-handed
2) Especially with a paired board, you didn't have the equity the to raise the turn. Good check/call. Flop was good.
3) I think I may only call the 3-bet on the river
4) don't post results

MarkGritter
03-10-2005, 01:24 PM
I would try to raise for a free card on the flop, although if villain is aggressive he might bet into you even without the 7 on the turn. But calling is fine.

I think the turn call is fine with 3 people in the pot; your equity is probably less than 1/3rd.

The river is tough. Without a flop 3bet/cap you really can't put him on TT or 99. Villain could easily be raising a straight. But I think I would call the 3bet rather than cap, with BB coming along for the ride--- neither seems scared of the flush.

parappa
03-10-2005, 01:31 PM
I'd fold preflop and wouldn't cap the river.

bozlax
03-10-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Results in white:

[/ QUOTE ]

The results are also in black, just above. Leave 'em out, doesn't matter with respect to the hand.

And, fwiw and imho, I think you played this hand well. You could raise the turn with the four-flush, but there's a pair on the board and somebody else is driving the betting for you, let him do his job (given your read, you're not betting to knock him out, you're betting for value, and he's doing that for you).

callydrias
03-10-2005, 01:59 PM
I play the same except for the cap on the river - just call the 3 bet. If villain had just called the flop instead of raising, I would consider the river cap, but not in this situation.

CubsFan915
03-10-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Results in white:

[/ QUOTE ]

The results are also in black, just above. Leave 'em out, doesn't matter with respect to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

D'oh!!! I thought I had gotten rid of that one! /images/graemlins/smile.gif