PDA

View Full Version : Drawing thin in the big blind

MarkGritter
03-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Pacific 0.50/1.00, 10 handed.

Reads: table is loose (5+ to flop most hands), no meaningful read on villians here.

Preflop: Hero is in the BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Calls from UTG+1, UTG+2, MP1, and CO. SB completes. Hero checks.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 players, 6 SB)

Checked to UTG+2, who bets. MP2 calls, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

I called getting 8:1 on my gutshot but figured my implied odds were good on this raggedy board if the turn is a 7.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players, 4.5BB)

UTG+2 checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I think this call was a mistake. I could be drawing dead to TJ. If I give that a 25% probability, I count ~3 partial outs for the gutshot, ~1.75 outs for the remaining 8's and ~1.25 outs for the remaining 6's (discounted yet further in fear of a 7.) With 6 outs I need 6.5:1, and am getting 5.5:1.

River: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players, 7.5 BB)

Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks.

I didn't think betting here was wise. I would fold to a bet+raise. Unsure about what to do to a bet and overcall.

einbert
03-10-2005, 01:51 PM
The turn call is fine. I give you 3 outs to twopair or threeofakind and 4 outs to the straight. With seven outs this is a good call.

I think you played it fine up until the river, you need to bet the river and fold to a raise.

bozlax
03-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Bet/fold? I'd bet/call, especially if the raise came from the player to my left, to-wit:

1. The way this hand has played, UTG+2 probably thinks he has the goods with Q/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif.

2. Don't fold large pots on the river for one bet.

OTOH, I'd have dropped this on the flop like it was on fire. But, maybe that's just me.

callydrias
03-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Discount your river outs a little more because someone might be holding clubs.

Bet the river.