PDA

View Full Version : $1-$2 NL

Jinx230
03-10-2005, 12:35 PM
A new club opened nearby - the game is $1-$2 No Limit Hold'Em. I always take the max buyin of 250. Most raises are usually from $7-20 preflop when they happen. Otherwise - $2.

Do I wanna see a lot of flops b/c of how cheap the blind is w/o raises?

What other general advice can one give for this kind of game?

Reef
03-10-2005, 12:42 PM
are the other players also buying in for the max?

jojobinks
03-10-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. the blind is the blind. whether it's .02, or $5, i guess correct play is about the same.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't just limp in a lot. push every hand. usually everyone will fold, and you'll pick up the blinds. otherwise, someone'll call you and you probably won't be a big underdog to take their whole stack. 23 vs AK is like 40%! what are the chances someone'll have AA, anyhow? go for it, homie.

Jinx230
03-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm raising with premium hands. Considering the average raise is 5-8 times the big blind, I'm really only calling a raise or raising with premium hands because the raises are so ridiculously large compared to the blinds.

The pots are ususally $40-$150.

So my philosophy is:
-Playing bigger pre-flop pots with a much tigher hand selection (premium hands, or big faces down to JTs if I cap the betting and 5 or more are in the hand)
-Playing $2 pots with much looser selection

Any comments?

soah
03-10-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. the blind is the blind. whether it's .02, or $5, i guess correct play is about the same.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't just limp in a lot. push every hand. usually everyone will fold, and you'll pick up the blinds. otherwise, someone'll call you and you probably won't be a big underdog to take their whole stack. 23 vs AK is like 40%! what are the chances someone'll have AA, anyhow? go for it, homie.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. Hopefully you're just a troll.