PDA

View Full Version : wait wait wait... finally a hand and this happens

therockofgibraltar
03-10-2005, 11:40 AM
THis is a real problem to me. I'm quite tight (about 18% preflop) and then when I'm also getting cold cards, it tkaes sometimes 15-20min before I finally get a hand. Then I'm so eager that I can't fold it!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

(sorry but the hand converter doesn't work)

HAND1:
call-I call with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif -fold-fold-raise-call-fold-fold-call-fold-call-and I call.

FLOP. five players (9SB)
2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
bet-I raise-preflop raiser reraises-fold-fold-I call.

TURN. two players (8BB)
8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check-bet-I call

RIVER.
9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
check-bet-call

I didn't know then but the opponent was/is quite passive.

HAND2:
fold-call-fold-call-fold-fold-fold-I check in BB with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

FLOP. 3 players (3SB)
9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet-fold-raise-I reraise-he rereraises-I call

TURN: 2 players
7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet-he call

RIVER:
5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check/call his bet.

No idea why I bet on the turn, I just did.

RIVER

Ric
03-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Hand 1 looks fine against an unknown.

For hand 2, I'm more confused why you checked the river. He only called your turn bet, and the river blanked. Bet the river, call a raise.

Eyeback
03-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Dunno about #1, seems fine. But #2 is a definite bet on turn followed by a bet on the river. He will pay you off with top pair or worse two pair way more often than he'll have a flush. Also, the flop action from a passive player doesnt really suggest a draw.

therockofgibraltar
03-10-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
flop action from a passive player doesnt really suggest a draw

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, he had KJ for a flopped straight! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way, is it OK to hate passive players? /images/graemlins/wink.gif It seems like I raise AK preflop, they call, the flop is something like A-5-3 rainbow. I bet-they call. I bet the turn they call- I bet the river thay call and show me 53o!
Well, you know what I mean. If theu would just raise, I would know what they have! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Is it possible that they are using my own aggression against me? They know that I'm an aggressive player (I will do all the work) and they will use that against me.

davelin
03-10-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm thinking about folding hand 1 on the river.

@bsolute_luck
03-10-2005, 12:43 PM
i don't know the limits, but if it is a passive table could you raise PRF with QJs? (weakness of mine maybe with not a lot of PRF raises and passive players).

Hand #1: why check the turn? just a question. i don't think i could fold on the river unless i had a good read on the PRF-raiser. you have TPGK.

Hand #2: There was no PRF action. what is wrong with how the villian played this hand? you both had solid hands and hit on the flop- his just happened to be better. His call on the river was probably a good move to make you not think straight or he was afraid of the flush. i guess my thought would be to bet the river.

bakku
03-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Hand 1: I think you can find a fold on teh turn.

2: Bet the river.

Reef
03-10-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I think you can find a fold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this same thing on hand 1. He's drawing very slim and is almost certainly up against AA, KK or AQ.

Reef
03-10-2005, 01:02 PM
*edited for spelling
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this same thing on hand 1. He's drawing very slim and is almost certainly up against AA, KK or AQ.

btspider
03-10-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if it was close, i think the 3-flush and the absense of the Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif on board makes this a fold. We could hit trips or two pair and still lose to AA/images/graemlins/heart.gif.