PDA

View Full Version : KQo Hand

Super Pro
03-10-2005, 11:05 AM
party poker 2/4

i just redownloaded party so i have no notes on anybody.

preflop: utg calls. i call with [K /images/graemlins/club.gif,Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif]. button raises. sb calls. bb calls. utg calls. i call.

flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
sb bets. bb folds. utg calls. i raise. button 3-bets. sb calls. utg calls. i call.

turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
sb bets. utg folds. what should i do? raise or call?

einbert
03-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Call. You are likely beat at this point but you can certainly draw to your OESD.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-10-2005, 11:08 AM
ok i'm going to give you a serious response here.

call and fold the river unimproved.

EDIT TO ADD: oh yea i'd raise that preflop, but i'm sure you're going to argue that it doesn't matter much either way. i wont' argue that point, but i'm just saying you should keep your mind open to it.

PokerBob
03-10-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
party poker 2/4

i just redownloaded party so i have no notes on anybody.

preflop: utg calls. i call with [K /images/graemlins/club.gif,Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif]. button raises. sb calls. bb calls. utg calls. i call.

flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
sb bets. bb folds. utg calls. i raise. button 3-bets. sb calls. utg calls. i call.

turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
sb bets. utg folds. what should i do? raise or call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise preflop and you don't have this problem.

Super Pro
03-10-2005, 11:10 AM
i don't think raising or limping kqo utg+1 makes much of a difference here.

chief444
03-10-2005, 11:10 AM
I raise pf.

I probably cap the flop, but calling is fine.

I probably just call the turn. SB seems to like his hand and you're very likely drawing here.

Dick_Stone_777
03-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I think the only way you play this hand is to call the turn and then fold the river if you do not improve.

Super Pro
03-10-2005, 11:26 AM
could you explain the flop cap to me? because i don't see much value in it.

Super Pro
03-10-2005, 11:31 AM
your right. it doesn't matter much preflop, though i am willing to argue that limping is slightly better than raising

what do you think about raising the turn for a free showdown?

einbert
03-10-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you should have capped the flop. Number one it is for value because you are 2-1 to hit and there are three other players in. You could also hit an overcard or your BDFD so you're a little better than 2-1 (though I don't think the overcards are worth very much at this point). Another nice effect of capping the flop is that if you hit one of your tainted overcard outs and SB bets into you again on the turn, raising for a free showdown won't be something you'll have to even worry about. You'll pretty much know that your pair of K's is no good and can draw to your open-ender.

The way you played it, I think you are more likely to be 3-bet by the button or SB (who likely has you reverse dominated with kings up or JT) so much that the free showdown really isn't worth it. I just don't think you're good here a very large percentage of the time at all unless SB is basically a bigtime LAG (even then only hands button could have that you beat are AJ or QQ).

hypermegachi
03-10-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise pf.

I probably cap the flop, but calling is fine.

I probably just call the turn. SB seems to like his hand and you're very likely drawing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

27offsooot
03-10-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a horrible idea.

chief444
03-10-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Me neither, which I why I said calling is fine. But you probably do have slightly over 25% equity here on average. It's close though. The call is fine.

chief444
03-10-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You have very little chance of being ahead here. The only thing you could really hope for is to chop with another KQ IMO. And button hasn't slowed down yet either. So the raise may not get you what you want. I'd say it normally will not.

rmarotti
03-10-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a horrible idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerBob
03-10-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your right. it doesn't matter much preflop, though i am willing to argue that limping is slightly better than raising

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not. KQo does NOT play well in a multiway pot. Not to metnion that raising helps define your hand.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll get 3-bet here quite often, or possibly fold out a hand you beat.

JoshuaD
03-10-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can never bring myself to do this. Can you explain it better?

PokerBob
03-10-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can never bring myself to do this. Can you explain it better?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are likely behind, but you have an OESD, so you have drawing odds. You want to see the river cheaply, and you don't mind the turn overcalls if you get there.

bernie
03-10-2005, 05:39 PM
I'd say he was even money on the flop at best. He has alot of tainted outs here. Not to mention some outs may not even be available. Jamming would only add variance in that regard. Not a bad thing really, but not necesarily adding value. With the guy behind you not slowing down, how much do you really like hitting a K or Q on the turn?

One benefit of playing more aggressive, both preflop and on the flop, is that it can make the hand easier to play and read.

b

bernie
03-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Raise preflop. It helps make the button's hand more defineable postflop.

Flop: Fine.

Turn: Call. You're drawing. If it comes back 2 bets to you, then you have a decision to make. Unknown opponents, you're going to the river, gritting your teeth.

b

Super Pro
03-11-2005, 07:52 AM
i'm suprised so many people say raise this preflop. i honestly don't think it matters all too much but i'll start doing it more often now.

i called the turn bet. the button called.

river is an Ace.

its checked to me and i bet. button calls. bb calls and obviously MHIG.

bernie
03-11-2005, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm suprised so many people say raise this preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't been on here long, have you?

b