PDA

View Full Version : Hands you cold call with?

deepsquat
03-10-2005, 11:00 AM
I was very interested in the thread yday about increasing pfr% and it got some great responses from ppl, i was wanting to find out what hands people cold call with or re-raise with pf. Im having alot of trouble working out the correct strategy vs your average opponent.

I generally fold KQo, KJo,but may call with A10s or 10/10 and re-raise with JJ,QQ,KK,AA & AK

what is the correct strategy.

With 3 or 4 already in the pot i will call with Axs also.

any responses would be great.

jaxUp
03-10-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm going to add some tighter parameters or I think you'll get little response.

You are in CO with 1 or 2 limpers and then the raiser.

What do you do against a loose raiser? tight raiser?

Another interesting spot is in BB with say 2 limpers, a raiser, and a coldcall.

If you think I screwed up your thread tell me to piss off and I'll delete this.

DMBFan23
03-10-2005, 11:14 AM
pocket pairs and decent but not excellent suited broadways (JTs, QJs, KJs, etc) are my usual cold calling hands, and I need some more coldcallers or limpers to make this play. how many coldcallers depends on how much I'm tilting at the current moment /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AJs, AQs, and KQs are sometimes coldcalls, sometimes folds, and sometimes reraises depending, but let's say they are eligible for cold calls.

DMBFan23
03-10-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another interesting spot is in BB with say 2 limpers, a raiser, and a coldcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

my range is really wide here. like, stheif09's avatar's ass wide.

a recent SS discussion started by Nate Tha Great on calling from the BB, with another link to an excellent thread by peter_rus in the mid-high forum can be found here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1885972&page=3&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

btspider
03-10-2005, 11:18 AM
in 33K hands of .50/1.00 and 1/2, I cold-called 55 times with PP's and broadway suited hands. The only aberration from this was an A2s cold-call OTB after 5 other cold-callers.

Isura
03-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes. I can't recall from the top of my head a hand that I regularily cold-call with. Only really do it if the situation is right.

Cooker
03-10-2005, 03:16 PM
For the most part, I will cold call a raise only if there are several people likely to be in (ie some limpers and other cold callers) and I have a hand that plays well multiway. I am usually looking for a pocket pair, a suited connector (probably at least 54s), or 2 suited broadway cards. JJ and TT are questionable reraise hands and I might cold call if it looks like it will be heads up (I probably reraise JJ anyway).

If the player is a loose raiser, I am not adding any more cold calling hands, but will greatly increase my reraising hands trying to isolate him if there are not any cold callers in between us. I will even taylor this to the type of loose raiser. We have all seen people that raise any Ace, well he gets reraised with any Ace down to A9. Mr. Raise any pocket pair gets reraised with any PP down to 99 and many big card hands that are even money against pairs below 99. Mr. Raise any 2 suited (I have played plenty of hands with this guy) gets reraised with almost any decent quality hand. But these are only done if I can probably get heads up with the known goof ball.