PDA

View Full Version : Some Help Please

Dick_Stone_777
03-10-2005, 10:50 AM
I am sure that many people have made similar posts, so please don't ridicule my post--I am taking time to make this post in order to learn.

Anyway, I have been a winning player for close to a year--tournaments ($100 SnG's which i still do fine in) limit games (my main concern) ocasaionally NL ring games <---not my strong suit.

Recently, I can't win...that simple. It seems I have been unlucky, but I know I have not been playing like i used to.

When you have encountered circumstances, what did you do to revamp your game. I am rereading THFAP and have SSH on the way.

I am not sure if this has any relevance, but I have not done poorly in any live games i have played in recently--maybe these internet guys have gotten a step ahead of me??

In respect to THEFAP, how strictly do you guys follow the starting hand guidelines--"it depends" i know--but for example if you are UTG+2 and first to act will you play a hand like J9s, how? <-------yes i am going all the way back to what hands i play.

Thanks in advace for any input.

I will be posting hands in the near future as they come up.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-10-2005, 10:53 AM
the best way to determine how youre playing is to post hands and ask questions and get involved as much as you can in discussing hands you see.

Dick_Stone_777
03-10-2005, 10:58 AM
I plan on doing so. However, I suspect that some players have had similar experiences and maybe had some back to basics suggestions, such as focusing on certain aspects of play, obviously it is difficult to identify any leaks with virtually zero information.

I do occasionally suffer from FPS, which online seems to backfire everytime--they usually don't know what you are doing or don't care.

It it possible i play to few hands? When re-reading through HEFAP--haven't read it in some years-- I was shocked by the amount of hands that are recommended.